• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LT315/75R16 Wheel Fitment

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
'99 XJ 4.5" 456

Got a shot at FREE 35 x 16 Goodyear MTR. "Great shape, get them out of my yard". What??!! Figure they're LT315/75R16 Load Range 'D' at least according to Tire Rack chart.

I'll need new 16" wheels.

Question:

16 x 4.5 I know.

Correct backspacing? Pretty standard stuff right?

I have 1" spacer in the rear to equalize track with disc brake conversion. I'm pretty sure I can get a good deal on wheels locally through our off-road club tire sponsor.

Clearance should no be an issue but have access to a tire wheel combo (35") to test fit. Guess I can do the backspacing measuring with those.

Yes sir, I did a Search..

Thanks.

I'd be looking at the date codes on those tires. Free MTR's generally means old tires and you want to run away.

And yes, 16x8 with 3.75 to 4.5 backspacing would be what you want. Skip the rear spacer.

I'd be looking at the date codes on those tires. Free MTR's generally means old tires and you want to run away.

Good point. I'll check it out.

Spacer is to match track width for front Warn hubs, not rear disc brakes.
FWIW: Yukon 1541h alloy shafts (29-spline).
1" offset track width is less important than losing the spacer?

Thanks.

Last edited:
On a side note, I will only run "C's" on a mostly trail rig. D's are just to stiff in the sidewall for good flex/traction.

On a side note, I will only run "C's" on a mostly trail rig. D's are just to stiff in the sidewall for good flex/traction.

Ya, I've considered that. Trying to discourage a buddy from going 'E' on his JK but he ain't hearin' it.

Can't find load C's in a 35. At least I haven't...

Unless Interco or something along those lines. Not a DOT Radial

Can't find load C's in a 35. At least I haven't...

What wheel size? There are a lot of 35x12.5x15's out there. What do you consider as a "radial", I only think about AT's and MT's?

I am talking 16s.... dumb PO put them on there. a shortlived problem, off to work on 44s

OP keep that in mind if you go to 16s

Will do. Thanks for the feedback folks. Was enticed by free offer on 35 MTR but my 33 x10.50 x 15 KM2 (C) are like new and work well for my needs with 4.56. 65 -70 easily and enough Low Range grunt when I need it.

Will do. Thanks for the feedback folks. Was enticed by free offer on 35 MTR but my 33 x10.50 x 15 KM2 (C) are like new and work well for my needs with 4.56. 65 -70 easily and enough Low Range grunt when I need it.
Wish you were closer!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back