• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

I got lucky with the XJ after lions den. After driving it down the mountain with no coolant it sounded like a tractor by time we got it back to camp. Got it home and started to dive in. Turns out it everything was fine. The radiator was fine. The leak came from a cracked flush T I had installed years ago and a warped thermostat housing. Replaced the hose and housing with a new thermostat and she ran like a top. Fixed the bare minimum to get it to Morris mountain for thanksgiving for a benefit ride for a friend of ours that passed away. The Jeep did absolutely amazing. Didn’t have one single issue out of it and honestly just needs a cleaning and could go out again. I still need to look at the brakes to get them working better but they work. Not sure I’m gonna dove nose the front anymore but will definitely be adding some more tube to the front to keep this from happening again. Didn’t get any pictures from Morris unfortunately.

With me getting married on the 12th and starting a new job at the beginning of the year I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get to do much to either of the jeeps for a little while but it will get done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So some new things to add.. I got married back in December, started a new job and sold my truck in January and picked up my new one this past Friday. Been working on the Jeep a little here and there.. trying to get ready for another Harlan trip April 22nd. Saturday and went a bought some new front end parts to try and fix the lions den incident. Gonna try to get that done this week and hopefully finish my half doors this weekend.

3897c1c60b9ffca33dd68f2e87937f99.jpg

1d76993ed23c4409c540179819ec7859.jpg

e6c1569671c7ad1760ba57a34ece92ea.jpg

Nice lookin' truck. :thumbup:
And I'm diggin' the "Trail Rated" emblem on the new fender, haha.

Got the front end pulled together this weekend. Still need to bleed my brakes out some before the trip but should be good to go. Will be trying to finish up my half doors before then but we’ll see

8bf4cf20868f4167d5b8223fbe215e54.jpg

ab82d270bfa2513f399bac4758d65f3b.jpg

I got lucky with the XJ after lions den. After driving it down the mountain with no coolant it sounded like a tractor by time we got it back to camp. Got it home and started to dive in. Turns out it everything was fine. The radiator was fine. The leak came from a cracked flush T I had installed years ago and a warped thermostat housing. Replaced the hose and housing with a new thermostat and she ran like a top. Fixed the bare minimum to get it to Morris mountain for thanksgiving for a benefit ride for a friend of ours that passed away. The Jeep did absolutely amazing. Didn’t have one single issue out of it and honestly just needs a cleaning and could go out again. I still need to look at the brakes to get them working better but they work. Not sure I’m gonna dove nose the front anymore but will definitely be adding some more tube to the front to keep this from happening again. Didn’t get any pictures from Morris unfortunately.

With me getting married on the 12th and starting a new job at the beginning of the year I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get to do much to either of the jeeps for a little while but it will get done.

Crazy how far they can make it with a bad water leak. Ran mine empty after water pump went about 3 miles from camp. Made it back to camp, replaced the pump and kept driving it rest of the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Crazy how far they can make it with a bad water leak. Ran mine empty after water pump went about 3 miles from camp. Made it back to camp, replaced the pump and kept driving it rest of the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah I was surprised! It helped me know that my LJ would be fine when the same thing happened to it on the way to work one morning.. got it there in the red. Let it sit and drove it home after. Fixed it that night and it was good as new

Harlan was fun but cut short do to weather. Only issue I had with the Jeep was that the shifter seized up towards the end of the last day. When I got home I got that figured out and doing so I realized my solenoid switches in the shifter weren’t working properly. So getting that fix. Got my doors almost finished up and ready for paint. I got some tube work planned but not sure when I’ll get to that. Other news i did notice another issue this weekend working on the Jeep. My front upper control arm bracket is starting to tear itself apart. Need to find a way to fix that and keep it from getting worse.. Also a little fun thing to add in regards to my shifter. Still not sure if it’s gonna work but from my understanding it should. I’m not a fan of not having 1st right behind N with this shifter and with no reverse valve body for the AW4 I had to get to thinking. I added a switch to turn to put first when in D. I’ll do short write up once I confirm it works.

881f2f8bf740f715a253963efa1dfe7b.jpg

6bae0cfd6643777f35642d92f34fa868.jpg

6097cabb3a946079427282ac5c175a50.jpg

d1738f2a128ddd48531c624c78b1eb6e.jpg

3a3de65e29bd408d33e7b32e4d1632bf.jpg

28fa62edfc9312a55db32ad82a788ba9.jpg

f48f4009154f09c84508efa94b27afd0.jpg

Went out to gulches the other weekend. Buddy of mine wanted to test out his new atlas and I wanted to try out my new 1st gear switch. Was a good trip in all but got some thinking to do with the Cherokee.. for some reason my transmission would default to 2nd when in the 1st position regardless of the switch.. I’m not sure if the switch freaked the solenoids out or what. But need to go back square one and start over to find out where it messed up. Other than that planning on adding some front tube here soon if prices will go down but we’ll see. Also I tried a new trail at gulches.. was the first to make it through without winching. Though that didn’t come easy. I did kill my a pillar. Luckily it didn’t kill the cage just the body so it is whatever. One step closer to looking like a crushed up beer can lol

a76417d5da6bef2f00eecbbaf6d05cdc.jpg

be6b532240508711404742ac167fcdc8.jpg

We need more pics/ vids from your trip!!

Back