• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Lift Jack Mounts

This is where "Google" would be your friend. Many diffrent ways to go about mounting to a rack. Doing it yourself would be the cheaper route.

-either bolt with wingnuts and cotter pins to retain the wingnut

-or incorperate a pin like so into the mix to secure it to a bracket (these are snap pins for scaffolding)

143750_lg.jpg

When mine was still outside, I ran some 1/2" all thread through a hole in the stock crossbars, mounted them with a pair of nylocks and washers sandwiching to the crossbar and then mounted the jack with a pair of wingnuts. I drilled a couple holes in the all thread so I could toss on a small pad lock to keep the honest people honest. Might have cost a total of $5.

Nice thing is you can run a corresponding bar on the opposite side. I used 1" square aluminum and that helps keep things in place like chairs, tents and other stuff when I carried expedition gear on the roof. It also gives you a square space with multiple tie down points.

I've got basically the same mount across the floor at the hatch now. It's out of the weather, harder to swipe and always clean and rust free.

roofrack.jpg

Back