• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JT (Gladiator) wheels on XJ

halmca

NAXJA Forum User
This is actually a lug nut / wheel adapter question. I have a set of JT Gladiator wheels and tires on my lifted XJ. Everything is cool with one exception: I also have the JT lug nuts. They sport 14mm threads NOT 1/2'

QUESTION: does anyone know of a 4.5 to 5x5 adapter that has 14mm studs?

(Yes, I know I can use 1/2" lug nuts. But that ain't what I want.)

Maybe pick a brand of adapter, contact the manufacturer and ask if the studs are replaceable?

Folks replace studs all the time on regular axles/hubs, I don't see why adapters couldn't do the same...

Maybe pick a brand of adapter, contact the manufacturer and ask if the studs are replaceable?

Folks replace studs all the time on regular axles/hubs, I don't see why adapters couldn't do the same...
Good suggestions. I'd be hesitant to fit new studs to the adapters, but It might be an option. The first line in the instructions for the adapters is not to do that precise thing.

After an exhaustive search I did find some ready-to-go adapters, and tho' considerably more expensive than more common adapters, they are top notch. Here's a link to 'em. I think as Gladiator take-offs become more common, perhaps other adapter makers will jump in the pool. The link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x4-5-to-5...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 (Incidentally, I don't know whether other current Jeep models use the larger 24mm x 1.5 studs) I Really like the looks of the Gladiator wheels on my XJ.

Back