• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about RE lift and boomerang shackles

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Due to financial constraints I had to take a bit of a break from investing in the XJ, however, due to an immediate need for new tires and the fact that i have no interest in spending a small fortune on a temporary set, I figure it's time to cough up the extra dough to get the 31x10.50's I want and the necessary lift to fit them properly.

The RE6025 remains my top pick for a 3.5" lift (even though I won't even be using the LCAs since I have a set of adjustable uppers and lowers from IronMan Fab), however, the unibody issue with my Jeep remains... The passenger side leaf spring shackle slams into the unibody upon compression, and I want to mitigate this issue at the same time.

My concern is this - the Rubicon Express boomerang shackles would eliminate this issue (as they'd clear the point of contact), however, they supposedly net ~1.25" to 1.5" of lift alone. With the 3.5" leaf packs, would I end up with 4.75"+ of lift or would the weight of the car and movement of the shackles under load result in somewhat less lift? If it truly would be aggregate (3.5" + shackle lift), does anyone have any recommendations for non-AAL 2.5" lift in the rear? It looks like Skyjacker makes 2.5" leaf packs for the XJ, but they're a bit pricey. Would buying new OEM medium-duty leaf packs and simply doing an RE 2.5" AAL be an advisable solution to this dilemma?

Thanks in advance!

Don't you mean OME and not OEM? If so, I believe OME makes AALs designed to work with their springs (i.e. way better ride/flex than other AALs).

Nah, sorry - OEM = original equipment manufacturer. That is, factory springs (likely through QuadraTec). I've heard good things about RE's AALs, but I'm not totally convinced as of yet. Think RE 2.5" AALs would pair nicely with some brand new factory spring packs?

Back