• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hjeepxj's build thread

Awesome, update! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! :)

Love it! Why the need for dynomat? Just curious... I’ve always only done doors and trunks- big subs going in?

What lake is that/ trail you are on?? These fires are gut wrenching man, hope to hit some spots like that though Im up in FoCo and was half a mile from the chambers fire camping before evac.. headed up to Estes for the rest of my weekend- smoke is baaad today tho

Thank you!

The floor dynamat quieted the cab down A LOT. The only sounds I hear within reason are coming from doors up and of course the engine. It should also insulate and keep the cab cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

Did Spring creek last week and fires were under control - they went out of control this week. Smoke is soo bad. :/ The lake pic was a small lake close to Granby - no fires then

Looking good, man! Did you experience any fit and quality issues with your TR bumper? I got rear ended last weekend and I think now is the best time to upgrade the rear and front. I saw some nice off road bumpers online, though I'm still contemplating whether to get aftermarket bumpers or go to a local fab shop for a custom one.

Looking good, man! Did you experience any fit and quality issues with your TR bumper? I got rear ended last weekend and I think now is the best time to upgrade the rear and front. I saw some nice off road bumpers online, though I'm still contemplating whether to get aftermarket bumpers or go to a local fab shop for a custom one.

Thank you!!

I have heard that the Trailready bumper does not always fit and takes some modification although mine fit with no issue.

The one downside to the bumper is it only mounts to the stock location. I have frame stiffeners so I am going to add dirtbound bumper brackets to extend the mounts back on the frame as I will be adding a winch at the same time.

It's the best looking and most functional bumper IMO.

Thank you!!

I have heard that the Trailready bumper does not always fit and takes some modification although mine fit with no issue.

The one downside to the bumper is it only mounts to the stock location. I have frame stiffeners so I am going to add dirtbound bumper brackets to extend the mounts back on the frame as I will be adding a winch at the same time.

It's the best looking and most functional bumper IMO.

Great! Thanks. I know now what to get.

Great! Thanks. I know now what to get.

Absolutely!

I added the winch this week. I originally was going to spring for the Warn Zeon Platinum but it would not fit with out some pretty extensive modification to the bumper. I didn't want to compromise the integrity of the bumper so I switched to the Warn EVO which is a good winch as well.

I also took delivery of the GENRIGHT fuel tank. :greensmok

50281601053_877071f0aa_b.jpg

Couple updates, I installed the elusive PIAA 510 - it's the light that fits right but is also coincidentally discontinued so I had to hunt around for them on EBay...the passenger side is cockeye, I have to take it apart and see what's up I think one of the nuts that holds the light mount to the bumper is interfering. Also had to modify the light tabs on the mount to fit them. It's always something. Also had David from @TNT Customs dial in my swaybar mounts, I should be good to go. Also mounted up the cats meow of swaybars. I need to plumb it all in (will need a manifold for the ARB compressor). I picked up some Flopshop rotopax window mounts.

https://offroadonly.com/shop/swayloc/off-road-only-swayloc-for-jeep-wrangler-xj/

My current list for the winter is as follows:

Plumb swaybar in, new fuel pump (Bosch if I can find one), Genright fuel tank, JCR steel tail lights, rotopax windows, DEI heat sheild kit, Napier hood vents, install a power tank in the back, red lock tight my spring bolts (even with stover lock nuts they're still coming loose....????).

Most likely I will do a PSC steering pump (the stock one is whining/leaking a bit) and possibly a tranny cooler.

Couple questions if anyone sees this: will the PSC pump work on an LS engine? Also, what tranny do people primarily use when doing LS swaps?

50571078142_0c47886bfa_k.jpg

50571078212_c9287e0baf_k.jpg

50571078017_36ad500c2a_k.jpg

Installed some Apex Designs valve stems for quick air down. Doing the fuel tank and pump in the next month or so.

Some of the stuff I wanted to get done will not happen until Spring/Summer, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach lol

Back