• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine, trans mount

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
99 auto

I'm needing to replace my engine mounts Again, and a trans mount finally.

I currently have brown dog mounts with rubber bushings. These are splitting. They are well built, but replacement bushings are 40$ which is half the cost of new mounts.
With that said I've been considering M.O.R.E. mounts.

I'm posting to simply get some feedback on what you've used on either engine/trans mounts, and what's worked well.

Thanks for any insight

I've had the M.O.R.E. engine mounts with rubber for over 10 years now, no complaints. I've never even changed the bushings.

Did you get the bomb proof, or their version that's looks built like the brown dogs? It looks like bomb proof have much more rubber, which is why I'm considering them.

Has anyone had experience running the bomb proof vs their other model, or BD? I'm curious how much better the bomb proof soaks up vibes as they have double the bushing size.

I went straight from OEM to the bombproof, so can't offer info on the other products.

I will say, though, that for the first few days I noticed extra vibrations at idle with the bombproofs, but apparently that was just a break-in period because then they smoothed out and I feel like they're virtually indistinguishable from OEM ever since.

Back