• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The official fall flog roll call thread...

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering whose gonna be there, i've already got my bunky reserved. most of us know what each other drive but you guys will find me in this heep this year... any ideas on what trails this year?
DSC01791.jpg

Just curious.. anyone else heard of "trail changes" already due to environmental issues...

Here's what I've heard.. and I think it's true..

1. Ledge at the top of slick rock is now filled in
2. Some parts of School Bus have been blasted and filled in
3. Ledge at fain's ford is closed

and you already know the other bridges, smoothed trails, etc...

Wonder how bad it'll be before the flog? I may just give Harlan a try..

slickrock only change is the ledge
I rode schoolbus sat and I can't see any evidence of blasting or real changes ledges are all there good ride on 33s
helipad and guardrail by passes are pretty smooth
helipad still fun on 33s did it sat.
lower two pretty much no real changes just a little deeper in places bypass to the left is dug out pretty good now worse than it was at the july ride
Planning on coming
here some video I took of lower two sat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z28-OnkzCj0

MRMOM beat me to it.

Fain's Ford has been modified some. I rode 4, 6, 8, and 9 during Dixie Run. (too many people to ride the other ones). Hopefully my heep will be back up and running in time to come up

The biggest thing I saw was the drought conditions. Man, I thought we had it bad in the upstate, but the mountains are waaay worse off than we are. Hope they get some much needed rain soon. There were more boats and docks on dry land than there was in the water.

Remember the "RESCUE TELLICO" fund.

uncc civilengineer said:
1. Ledge at the top of slick rock is now filled in
2. Some parts of School Bus have been blasted and filled in
3. Ledge at fain's ford is closed

I can speak to the following as of 2 weekends ago;

1. Slick rock: the big 'slick rock' is now the biggest obstacle that you have to negotiate on that trail; everything after that could be done in 2wd.

2. School bus: It was still breaking parts on the buggies on 42's! FALSE RUMOR!

3. Fains for has been paved as far as the river exit is concerned. I ran it in 2wd...

The ledge to the left after you exit the river has large boulders that deter you from going up that way.
Somebody moved one so there is still a place to play there but it seems that taking that line is violating 'the spirit of the rule'.

Lower 2 is still a ton of fun, It's been dry the last 2 times I've seen it, in the wet, it would be a BIG challenge.

Upper 2 has a BIG ledge that is challenging dry and when wet, it would be a carnage/ winch-fest... Be prepared to never see the passenger-side glass and or body of your rig if you want to attempt this trail...

Gurdrail/Helicopter pad is easily doable by a rig locked on 33's when it's dry. Again; wet it would be a whole 'nother story...

I'm ready to try it if it's dry in my beater on 32's if the conditions are favorable...

There's still plenty of fun to be had at Tellico. And always good comradarie with the NAXJA crew!

If somebody wants to split a bunky cabin with me, I can probably make this trip...

Cliff's notes;

ANYONE WANT TO SPLIT A BUNKY CABIN???

PM me and we can work it out.

I'm not really cool with the idea of camping in a tent in Nov. at Tellico, but want to go wheeling...

Last edited:
I will not make it this time yet again as of now. The Bone Marrow Donation that I have been waiting to do for over a year is back on and set for that weekend.

I should be there for one or two days. We'll see what work is like. Anyone want to camp out at the shop they'r more than welcome to. 40 min from the NC paystation...

1st weekend in Nov. I will be at Wake Forrest Baptist Hospital.

If it don't break. "IT" will be there Late the afternoon of the 2nd. All day 3rd & 4th.
"IT"
87XJa.JPG

shortxjdoug said:
so does that mean ya'll are gonna split the cabin with me?
We already got the big daddy cabin.

anybody near georgiamike want to haul up some rocker skids to the flog for me? i can pay you in beer. i've too many commitments leading up to the flog to make it out that way from chattanooga. please help...

ill be at crawfords friday afternoon. around 6 or 7. talk to mike and see what yall can do. i really appreciate the effort.

doug im in that bunky if ya dont mind. when will you be up?

Back