• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ W/Cut fenders...washer bottle solution???

sjd78

NAXJA Forum User
I just cut my fenders on my 98 to clear 35" tires and had to remove the washer bottle so my tires wouldnt rip in out or rub a hole in it. Does anyone know of any replacement bottles that can be relocated in the engine compartment? Thanks

Sean...

96- washer bottle

Ramsey said:
96- washer bottle

Agreed, I use it and it works fine. Only issue I had was the pumps didn't fit perfectly. IIRC I did some creative O-ring fab. The sensor even works if you rewire it. :wave:

"now it rubs the washer bottle"

...that sounds to me as though you cut through the fender wells into the engine compartment. i hope you weren't that dumb..

jeepcomj said:

...that sounds to me as though you cut through the fender wells into the engine compartment. i hope you weren't that dumb..

Do you have any idea what you are talking about??? On a "97+" cherokee the washer bottle isnt in the enging compartment. It is right behind the drivers side fender. Hence, when you cut your fenders to clear large tires it will either stick out past the bottom of the fender or get ripped out the first time you go wheelin. Know what you are talking about before you call people "dumb", otherwise you look like the "dumb" one!

jeepcomj said:

Sounds to me like you have no idea where the washer bottle is on a 97+' XJ.
I would think twice before you call someone out like that.

JeepcomJ
I left mine in... doesn't rub with 35's and 6 inch lift. but it does get caked with mud and crap. good idea to use the 96< bottle...

Timmay said:
Agreed, I use it and it works fine. Only issue I had was the pumps didn't fit perfectly. IIRC I did some creative O-ring fab. The sensor even works if you rewire it. :wave:

On the 96 and older washer bottles are the pumps inside the bottle like the 97+? Where did you mount it, near the brake booster? Thanks for your help! :cheers:

i didn't call you dumb...i just asked and said i hoped you weren't in case that was the case. i'm not too familiar with the newer xj's at all, so I wanted to know. now i do, thanks :D

P1atinum said:
Sounds to me like you have no idea where the washer bottle is on a 97+' XJ.
I would think twice before you call someone out like that.

JeepcomJ
I left mine in... doesn't rub with 35's and 6 inch lift. but it does get caked with mud and crap. good idea to use the 96< bottle...

I had thought about leaving it in but wasnt sure if I would clear it or not so I pulled it out and cut away, now I think I may have cut too much where the bottle may stick out past the fender but I will have to check to make sure. If all esle fails I may stick it back up in there and see how it does.

I relocated mine. Pulled the whole assembly out. Then relocated it in the engine bay. I am running a aftermarket air filter. Zip tied the bottle to the MC, and the intake.

Last edited:
I ran 35's with 6'' of lift without hitting the washer bottle. Only removed it cause I went with bigger tires.
588437_491_full.jpg

588437_489_full.jpg

588437_490_full.jpg

Last edited:
Thats the ticket! Thanks. I was going to cut mine below the bottle on that side and run more bumpstop on the drivers side. Did the wires and hoses fit right up or did you extend them?

I may try and run it with it in the stock location and see what happens. I still have the stock air box and dont have any immediate plans to remove it so unfortunately that wouldnt work for me to relocate my stock washer bottle.

Yeah, put it back in. I ran mine with the 35's with no issue. Of course I only cut to the bottom of it on that round.
few months ago I ran some 1.5 inch tube from the front bumper to the rock rails/A pillar Cage hoop and had to remove the water bottle. But even the 38's clear the tube, which is near the bottom on the bottle location. So I think the 35's will be fine.

This is the passenger side, but the tube/cuts are in the same place on both sides.

38DaffyXJ.jpg

sjd78 said:
On the 96 and older washer bottles are the pumps inside the bottle like the 97+? Where did you mount it, near the brake booster? Thanks for your help! :cheers:

Inside the bottle? My pumps just popped into the side of it. On the pre96 bottle they popped into the bottom instead.

It's near the booster but I also have a intake that shoots over to the pass side. However, it easily clears the battery tray that is in the stock airbox location. I had to relocate that to free up room for the york in the stock battery location.

Timmay said:
Inside the bottle? My pumps just popped into the side of it. On the pre96 bottle they popped into the bottom instead.

It's near the booster but I also have a intake that shoots over to the pass side. However, it easily clears the battery tray that is in the stock airbox location. I had to relocate that to free up room for the york in the stock battery location.

Sorry, I meant on the side of the bottle....thats what I get for trying to type on the forums when Im tired! Thanks for the info though!

Back