• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Annual Big Bear Event !!! Which weekend?

Which weekend for Big Bear SoCal Fest?

• May 2 & 3

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • May 9 & 10

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Other - post below

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

it's that time again! It's time to start planning the Big Bear event.

I want to get some input on what weekend would be better for everyone.

The first 2 weekends in May have seem to be pretty good, but it does get cold at night.

We usually choose May to avoid the summer vacation issues, graduation, and family stuff.....

So, I propose either of the first 2 weekends in May. The event will be on a Sat and Sun. Wheeling and BBQ on Sat, trail work on Sun. Some folks get up there early and might do a Fri night run.

If you think there is a better weekend, post up, but be realistic. We need to also consider other possible events that go on up there - Corvette convention, enduro-bike races, other clubs' events, etc...

This thread will only be open a few short days to get a feel and then we are off.

I will start another thread once the date is determine so we can get volunteers to help plan, cook, lead, etc...

Thanks!

man i think ive only been able to make this event once in the last 3 years because it always falls on a race weekend for me. But the 2nd weekend in May i have open..... just do it then and screw the poll :D

Second weekend would be better for me.

I have thought about no poll, but I want to hear what folks would like.

The majority will win out.

Like every year, not everyone will be happy or able to make it.

Hopefully I'll know my work schedule by the end of the week.

A little change-up this year.

We will do the trail work day at a different time!!!

This means Sat & Sun wheeling!!!!

I will start another thread later this week in the official events section. We have to have the weekend determined firstm then we will need the volunteers to help organize it!!

FYI: 3rd weekend in May is Jeep Jamboree which usually means there's folks prerunning and "stacking" trails the previous weekend (7/8) which means we'll have to unstack whole bunch of stuff to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back