• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

55 Hours Later

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
With the aid of a magic Genie in a bottle that wants to grant me three wishes, I said sure, the first was my new shocks, the second was to get rid of my faded black laquer primer and get something else covering it. He granted my wish as long as I spent 55 hours on it. So I did and wala! Bam! Its done! Heres a few pics, the color is Hot Rod Flatz Hot Rod Red. Happy with the color although not quite what I was expecting, if I did it all over again Id go with the Blood Red, the Hot Rod Red has a bit of a shade of orange to it in cetain angles of sun but anyway heres some pics...

l_a8124fbd12f14e539f7f4d9f2d0422a1.jpg

l_bb6f8436aadb4238a62f0456e18b8a30.jpg

l_b6b54e8005fd47d3b6a12860d3a2b39b.jpg

l_ab564e6d30b4471797ef8cd616ebbaac.jpg

yup you guessed it, haha takes good toll on the garage more than just the floor. gets the lower half of the walls to, and since the walls were white they are now pink haha

Only cost 180 for paint, I think the gunsmoke metallic would look awesome, I just didnt want to go with a metallic since I will be sanding it all off in a year or 2 to go gloss

Cut out the factory wheel tubs and made my own and then I drilled holes every 3" and shot sheet metal screws in and got the location right then I backed out all the screws and used 3M body adhesive and laid on a good bead on all mounting surfaces and put it on the Jeep and shot all the screws back in and let it set 48 hours and backed out all the screws and filled the holes and blended in the fiberglass to the B and C Pillars with fiberglass body filler

Back