• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger locks work but not windows

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ 4.0 automatic 3.5' lift
Yesterday mysteriously my passenger side windows stopped working. I do mean completely stopped working. I cant even operate them with the drivers door switches. I would normally assume it's the wiring and switches in the passenger front door but I'm not sure.

Usually when those fail the lock and lock doesnt work either but all 4 doors unlock both with the fob and the drivers and passengers switches. Anyone have this issue before?
abd1f3b6ff286e12971e882dea579c1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would start with the drivers side wiring. that's the most common point of failure.

I'd start with looking at the solder joints on the driver and passenger window switch.
I've had to replace the passenger door switches before and that box was seemingly impossible to open. I can open it without breaking it? Might be in my best interest to replace drivers if the wiring in the kick looks good

I've had to replace the passenger door switches before and that box was seemingly impossible to open. I can open it without breaking it? Might be in my best interest to replace drivers if the wiring in the kick looks good

The hardest part is prying off the switch caps, after that it's just a few small Phillips head screws and it pops open. I had a 98 2 door that the passenger window wouldn't work at all and after re-soldering the passenger switch and repairing the wiring the previous owner hacked up to use the window. it fixed the issue.

jkFHm-CuR8Aon8P4RdUA79c66KJHg0Bq5wvYZVQNR3RX5GgYgqNfpN7opvzrwzYjeX8QxLEgHWx_jaeWkntILU4kUO6xpipeOTp1TtMGcJZz2XBkzhNE6p1uYQCLl0sim1Pr4YzReYI=w1200

0ZEEucb8D0r0znSRmc8sQvxYrsxLXMOngXHh_6fk3kDsNhpKafDYGjLcq1OCt_IJI_cGVtvebKl5kVcoBg-dlUC_8Kp3SnwTNvxv2GxHuV3sJMxn5Cy9Gq_Pfr6xG-8ByNM3eFbC0Zo=w1200

The hardest part is prying off the switch caps, after that it's just a few small Phillips head screws and it pops open. I had a 98 2 door that the passenger window wouldn't work at all and after re-soldering the passenger switch and repairing the wiring the previous owner hacked up to use the window. it fixed the issue.

jkFHm-CuR8Aon8P4RdUA79c66KJHg0Bq5wvYZVQNR3RX5GgYgqNfpN7opvzrwzYjeX8QxLEgHWx_jaeWkntILU4kUO6xpipeOTp1TtMGcJZz2XBkzhNE6p1uYQCLl0sim1Pr4YzReYI=w1200

0ZEEucb8D0r0znSRmc8sQvxYrsxLXMOngXHh_6fk3kDsNhpKafDYGjLcq1OCt_IJI_cGVtvebKl5kVcoBg-dlUC_8Kp3SnwTNvxv2GxHuV3sJMxn5Cy9Gq_Pfr6xG-8ByNM3eFbC0Zo=w1200
It was the wires in the kick panel. All I did was give them a wiggle and everything's working. Nothing looked corroded or worn so I'm not sure what steps I should take to prevent this from happening again

Back