• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed progress pics(56K beware)

Like always, looks bad ass Chris. Keep it goin!

Thanks much Allen!

ah well, still pretty sweet. a buddy of mine (billyjp2) runs a 9" rear end... i'll forward this link to him. i looked through their site briefly and couldn't find it... did they custom fab it for you? it looks like a DIY kit to me, but what do i know.
Here is the link to the ad(sorry about the redirect to DR but the BMS online store is under the knife or something?) It came fully formed/welded, very nice fit!
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90315

nice, and good luck with the rest of the build. i've been lurking on this build since i joined and just hadn't posted... it's pretty sweet though.

Any updates?
fingersx.gif

Billy

I just read all 8 pages of this!!! Friggen amazing man. It is probably the coolest XJ i have ever seen. The roof lights are sweet too.Good luck.

Thanks guys, I forgot the cam at home but I'll snap some pics tomorrow, just putting everything back on and cleaning it all up. Things have been real busy with work, but not to busy with the cash flow so haven't had a chance to take it out yet, but hopefully the weekend after next we'll be taking it out for some testing!

Great Respect for doing this project. On personal experience know that this is a lot of time spent. Great to see all this come together, with foto's to show for it!!!

Thanks...:worship:

Thanks a bunch guys, things are $$tight$$ right now so been spending my weekends drumming up business and avoiding selling parts at all costs, hopefully things will pick up soon:(

sorry if i missed it but what leafsprings and shackles are you running, keep up the good work talk about patience

Deaver race pack and RE Boomerangs.

Went to install the rear shocks and I had forgotten that I built them with 2.5"s(forgot the travel length but...)so I had to hack off version 2...3? whatever....and had to go to the next version for the 3"x14"s, now it is dialed in at around 7" bump(with about 2" into neg arch on the leafs). I have 2 inches to play with on the shock so may end up adding a spacer on the bumpstop to go with 50/50(6+ 6-). I am starting to hate this thing, but will NEVER give up:)

Aside from that, just more frustration and learning experiences, at the end of the day, I can honestly say that I have learned more from this project than any other project I have ever undertaken...by far, so you can't take that away at least:)

Version X I'll call it(still going to add vert supports and a little more gusseting):
uppershockmount1735.jpg

i just finished showing my friend this.... his question was "is this street legal?"

all it needs is a windshield right?

thanks Dan and Justin, I'll be sure and let the group know when I get a chance to take it out, really not much left to do but work is killing me.

This could be street legal with a windsheild and smog equipment, I think there are ways around the fuel cell. That is all for Cali, I'm sure elsewhere it could be considered street legal with just the glass, not real sure. My old jeepspeed buddy who moved to class 9 used to drive his all over town, which is actually how I met him years ago(and consequently got into jeepspeed), I flagged him down and started pounding him with questions and eventually became a part of his crew.

Back