• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Had a blast...

Jump This

Just another minion!
For the little time I got to wheel, I had a great time with you all out at Truckhaven...
Even with Ryan's POS (WTF 'I don't want to break it before KOH!') to Kyung's valient attempt at the hill to Slim making my run look bad...
Next time Jim wants to go for a Jeepspeed run, let me know, and I'll show him fast!!

:D

Rick

Okay, so I came home and the only beer in the fridge was Corona Lite, and I ran to the store and picked up a case of Fat Tire..and have had a few....I hadto WORK today!

Jump This said:
Next time Jim wants to go for a Jeepspeed run, let me know, and I'll show him fast!!

Rick

Okay, so I came home and the only beer in the fridge was Corona Lite, and I ran to the store and picked up a case of Fat Tire..and have had a few....I hadto WORK today!

Everybody wants to JS!!!! Remember he will put that weight back IN your jeep!!!

I wanna go for a Jeepspeed run... :D My Jeep doesn't exactly agree with fast.

Jump This said:
For the little time I got to wheel, I had a great time with you all out at Truckhaven...
Even with Ryan's POS (WTF 'I don't want to break it before KOH!') to Kyung's valient attempt at the hill to Slim making my run look bad...

Rick

Uh... I finally made it Rick. You were on the other side when I went over. Good times!

Jump This said:

Rick

Hahaha, well there's a good chance I'll be back out there in my rig for TDS. I most likely WON'T be riding b*tch in the go fast stuff, I make a horrible passenger.

As for the video, it was in good fun ;) I think the weight helped slim.

Gimme a few months, I'll be on an RE long arm kit and be ready for the jeep speed stuff.

Rick, as usual, it was a blast to wheel with you. The day I declare a dedicated trail rig will let me have even more worry free fun.

crazyjim said:
Gimme a few months, I'll be on an RE long arm kit and be ready for the jeep speed stuff.
just FYI you dont need longarms to go fast. just good shocks and springs.

crazyjim said:
Yea but the short arms are going to jolt the hell outta me from what I understand?

Not if you get dropbrackets. You should have ridden with me during the little high speed desert run

crazyjim said:
For the $500 extra for the RE long arm I think it's probably just worth it to go long arm. More flex too :D

Hate to say it my friend (since I have a long arm kit) but the flex isnt really any better. Long arm vs. Short arm (with DB's) flex is limited by shocks. You can have more droop but lose uptravel or lose a little droop and have more uptravel......

silverslk said:
Hate to say it my friend (since I have a long arm kit) but the flex isnt really any better. Long arm vs. Short arm (with DB's) flex is limited by shocks. You can have more droop but lose uptravel or lose a little droop and have more uptravel......
Oh see damnit, now you've all got me re-thinking things... If you had it to do over again what would you do?

Oh, I love my long arm kit. I would do it again for sure. Talk to Tony, he has run both and does the go fast stuff too. He has had his XJ longer so he should give better feedback.

i have short arms on my rig and i flex out just fine.

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

I have been looking to see what the jeep speeders have for a while and while alot have long arms alot also have short arm setups with drop brackets. I have herd alot of guys say you want long arm but i have seen short arm guys do everyhting a long arm guy can do. I would think the long arm would be better for 4x4 and rock krawling. or speed stuff you could go both ways. Me in going short arm, if you plan on taking it serious you have so many other things to consider like shocks, bump stops, cage, lots and lots of fabbing and spending a shit load of money.

Hey grimm did your fenders go in smoothly? im putting mine on this weekend

Back