• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got my baby

InjunJoe

NAXJA Forum User
Im a beggining Jeep-er and Im looking for some advice. I just got a 95' Cherokee. Its got pretty much the same stuff it had when it came off the assembley line. I plan on using it for just basic muddin/off-roading. MY question is what should I do do it first to make it :flame: and BAMF like your rides?

Well, it helps to have a big bank account or to have your parents credit cards....

Honestly, build it to suit what your going to be using it for. If your a mud type of guy, then dont build a rock crawler. If your a mall wheeler, then buy a Honda and get a life...

I have seen alot of guys build ther Jeep to look a certain way but it does not perform how they want it to. I live by the philosphy of "Function before FASHION!!" What good is it to have a Jeep that looks cool and could not get its self out of a wet grassy field??? I am sure that I am opening a can of woprms with some guys when I mention this, but it is my theroy that I go by. And one other thing...you get what you pay for. I know not everyone (including myself) has the funds to go and buy brand new stuff, but be wise when your purchasing stuff and make sure it will work with what your trying to accomplish. My $.02

start with recovery points and armor....then add the lift and tires and so on.

without the armor and recovery points it won't last long if you actually wheel it.

Start with a 3.5" lift (RE) and some 31's mud's. x2 on what Jes said above, make sure to get a good front and rear bumper and some armor (Rails and Qtr Panel Protection).

I started with 3.5" of lift and 31's with 3:55 gears and a LS in the rear. Two and a half years later - I am at 6" of lift, 4:56 gears, 33's and locked F&R. You will never start where you want to be (if that makes since).

Have fun :)

Last edited:
Back