• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE track bar & stock mount problem

94xjkyle

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i have the RE 4.5" lift and it has the track bar that mounts to the factory mount, after you drill out the hole with a 5/8" drill, and now that i have done that, when i turn it makes a large clunking noise, and the track bar moves when it clunks, i have checked the tourque on all the bolts/nuts on everything, and it is making that noise and it cant be good. has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

i join the club, i've got the same setup with the same noise, i email RE and asked them if i could use the RE HD frame mount with the RE1600 trackbar, but, that was a week ago, still waiting!!

is your clunk coming from the frame mount or axle mount. i had a similar problem but the hole on the axle mount was elongated, had to plate the front and weld a tube in the back of the bolt

mack said:
i join the club, i've got the same setup with the same noise, i email RE and asked them if i could use the RE HD frame mount with the RE1600 trackbar, but, that was a week ago, still waiting!!

no you cannot use the HD mount with the RE 1600.... the "clunking" comes from the small amount of movement between the bolt and the flex joint on the axle end... i belive it is actually a 10 mm hole thru the center.. i took my trackbar to the hardware store to find the proper fit... if there is even a small amount of "slop" where the bolt goes thru you will have the noise... i dont see it as being dangerous but it will eventually wear the bolt and make it worse.. try to find a bolt with a long smooth shoulder where it goes thru the joint rather than threaded..

It's most likely coming from the stock mount (body side) where you had to ream out the taper to the correct bolt size for the tbar. I had my JKS installed by a shop, needless to say, the hole is egged out, moved about a 1/4", wondered all over the place, made clunking/clicking sounds. I now have a sleeve on it to tighten it up, but it's not a replacement for sure. I'm currently looking into Kevin's horizontal HD mount, but not sure if it will utilize a regular adj jks bar. All you have to do to see where it's making the noise/moving, is to turn the wheels when the weight of the vehicle is on them. Just have someone turn the wheel left and right and you'll see it!

i say get rid of that shitty oem sheet metal tracbar mount, i will sell you my takeoff for 100 bucks plus shipping plus local sales tax plus an extra 10% for stupidity

Pietro said:
i say get rid of that shitty oem sheet metal tracbar mount, i will sell you my takeoff for 100 bucks plus shipping plus local sales tax plus an extra 10% for stupidity

I'll thank you from both of us for your wonderful constructive criticism.

94xjkyle, did you get a chance to turn your wheels? Just do it before you go to dinner or next time u fill up, you'll definitely see it.

Back