• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Track Bar Frame mount - opinion?

jkmhb

NAXJA Forum User
My Rocky Road adjustable track bar has gone through its second tie rod end in less than 6 months. It looks like the Rusty's frame mount w/ poly end would fit, since they also use the same tie rod end in that configuration - The upgrade costs $89 + $18 shipping, it's not cheap, but less than a complete replacement track bar.

Anyone do that upgrade, and are you happy with the results?

thx.

I went with Rustys adjustable tracbar and frame bracket that eliminated the tierod end. You don't have to worry about replacing it. I like how there is nothing to go bad. I haven't had any problems with mine.

tracbarHD.jpg

From my experience, I've had a number of problems with that setup. The mount continuously popped even while turning in parking lots. Make sure those bolts are tight as can be. The threaded rod in the adjustable trackbar eventually broke on the trail.

I've had a the top end where the bushing mounted to the upper mount bend and a buddy of mine with the Rusty's TB that mounts to the stock style mount with a tie rod end had his snap off in the trackbar first time out on the trail. No good experiences with Rusty's trackbars.

I've had Rusty's Trac-Bar and HD framemount on my 3" lift, my 4.5" lift and now my 8" lift and never had anything break. I'm now running the Over-the-knuckle steering setup so I have the trac-bar mount that's on top of the axle. I always hated that under the axle factory mount. I broke that bolt a couple of times and it seemed I could never get it tight.

-Stretch

stretch_01.jpg

RustysOffroad.com

Back