NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old February 13th, 2018, 21:52
NAXJA Member

Re: PRP seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTProuhet View Post
Thats awesome! Those look good! I can't wait for mine. What was your total wait time? I'm going on 2 weeks this last Monday

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I ordered them exactly 4 weeks ago (Tuesday four weeks ago). I'm sure having some of their crew at KOH didn't help. Very happy with the build quality and colors I picked. Can't wait to put them in.

When you want to be someone you drive a lifted JK, when you already know who you are you drive an old XJ.
Old February 14th, 2018, 05:04
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydefrog View Post
I ordered them exactly 4 weeks ago (Tuesday four weeks ago). I'm sure having some of their crew at KOH didn't help. Very happy with the build quality and colors I picked. Can't wait to put them in.
Well crap. When I ordered mine they said they'd ship out 2.5 weeks from the date of order. We'll see what happens. That's outta my hands lol thanks for the reply @clydefrog

Old February 15th, 2018, 08:44
NAXJA Member

Here is what the brackets look like that I got from Blondjon (a member here).

When you want to be someone you drive a lifted JK, when you already know who you are you drive an old XJ.
Old February 21st, 2018, 15:35
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

Got shipping notification yesterday on my seats. Took 3 weeks and a day to ship from date of order. Should be here Friday

Old February 21st, 2018, 20:10
Got Shafted

It will be worth the wait. My brother and I both have PRP seats and they are VERY comfortable.
Old February 24th, 2018, 15:06
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

After fighting with FedEx I was able to go pick my seats up today. Was so stoked to get them. Opened them up to find a not so pleasant surprise... 😞😞 hopefully PRP takes care of it. It looks like it was cut. I'm guessing it had to of happened in transit.. Totally sucks to spend that much on something and it be tore up already.. But i took a pic of PRPs xj brackets too

Old February 28th, 2018, 16:19
NAXJA Member

slightly off topic but has anyone used the summit racing sport seats? they arnt a bad price ($160ish each) but would need brackets made
Old March 3rd, 2018, 14:01
NAXJA Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinat01 View Post
slightly off topic but has anyone used the summit racing sport seats? they arnt a bad price ($160ish each) but would need brackets made
Seats are very much a you get what you pay for item. I wouldn’t expect those to last.

01 XJ Sport 2 door 5spd/4WD- 4" lift, Rubi wheels/tires JCR bumpers/sliders, armor, Rubi 44, Ford 8.8, 4.56's, ARBs.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 14:35
NAXJA Member

if they last longer than the $300 rugged ridge junk I had id be content lol
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:46
Degenerate Jeeper

Quote:
Totally sucks to spend that much on something and it be tore up already.
Man, that does suck! Let us know how PRP handles it.
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:49
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
Man, that does suck! Let us know how PRP handles it.
I have to send the seats back and they're going to fix them. The slice in the top of one and the stitching on the other looks like it was done either on a Monday morning, or a Friday afternoon. So they're taking care of them. Not super thrilled about having to send them back and having to wait to get them back.. But at least they're taking care of it. And letting me run them this weekend.

Old March 5th, 2018, 08:07
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

That does suck! But since youre gonna have them in, I'll get to take a look at them. Not crazy about the Corbeau seat I got mainly, but may be due to the Jerry rigged seat bracket I adapted.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:20
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
I have to send the seats back and they're going to fix them. The slice in the top of one and the stitching on the other looks like it was done either on a Monday morning, or a Friday afternoon. So they're taking care of them. Not super thrilled about having to send them back and having to wait to get them back.. But at least they're taking care of it. And letting me run them this weekend.

That is nice that they will let you run them and then send them back.

Get us some install pics, and I would also appreciate the difference in clearance between your head and the roof. How much do you gain/lose compared to the stock seats?
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:33
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-bow View Post
That does suck! But since youre gonna have them in, I'll get to take a look at them. Not crazy about the Corbeau seat I got mainly, but may be due to the Jerry rigged seat bracket I adapted.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Absolutely. We'll be campin next to Outkast (Matt Patterson) so come check them out whenever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
That is nice that they will let you run them and then send them back.

Get us some install pics, and I would also appreciate the difference in clearance between your head and the roof. How much do you gain/lose compared to the stock seats?
I put one in on untouched factory brackets. And it was brutal.. My head was touching the headliner pretty good and the seats were leaned back too far for me. Which resulted in the back of the seat was hitting the harness bar, and had to move the seat all the way forward to fit.. And I'm not a little guy so that was going to work.. I decided that i was going to cut the front of the factory brackets and lower the front of the seat which would give me more room all the way around. And then i decided to cut out the straight harness bar that came with the cage kit and have a bent harness bar made to gain more room behind the seats for harnesses and more leg room. Ultimately i should've had the seats before i did the cage. My b pillars are too far in and barely hit the outside of the seats so i believe after winterfest, the b pillars are going to get chopped and moved. But the way I have then setup now, will work good. Here's a few pics of when i first put one in. And then a couple pics of the new harness bar installed yesterday

Old March 5th, 2018, 08:34
NAXJA Member

Think about it the other way around, You run them and hate them

I wonder if they would take them back and refund your money?