• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm Back, I Guess?

There are a few things that need to be addressed on it before taking it on the trails. After putting 1400 miles on it driving it from Seattle to Denver I can say its a pretty solid little rig, but has some niggling issues. Donn, I think you got a good runner and I think it's worth building.

I reckon you should put a cheap 2" spacer lift on it, acquire a used set of tires with some worthwhile tread and wheel it.

This is what I want to do with our 1998.

OME 2" springs, 31" tires, Explorer 8.8 w/4.10 gears and a HP30 for the front.

Someday.

it's a bit more beat than I expected.

This has been my experience with everything copart. When I got my WJ it was listed as running and driving....it did neither. Luckily I got it cheap enough but still. Think the only one that wasn't that bad was a XJ I picked up there. After the last 4runner I got never again. Frame was rusted to heck and had some weird electrical issue. Ended up selling it for a few hundred more than I got it for.

Well, if none of the CO guys are gonna comment, I guess I will.

I imagine your neighbors might be calling you something other than Troy, lol.

What's the plan, the nice white one gets parts from the smashed one, and ???

Well, if none of the CO guys are gonna comment, I guess I will.

I imagine your neighbors might be calling you something other than Troy, lol.

What's the plan, the nice white one gets parts from the smashed one, and ???

Pretty much, green one will be sold, hopefully sooner than later so my neighbors don't hate me. Wrecked one is a '93 with 84k and a clean title. From Indiana though. It was undercoated so it's not terrible but my standards for rust are California. Shop wanted $1k min just to pull the frame straight (it's pretty bad) so that made the decision easy. The limited is a '95, 215k and a tranny on the way out, CO Jeep its whole life.

Last edited:
Now you can cell me Troy.

i.php

i.php

20201107160930-3ca6f946-la.jpg

Looks like you have room for that hidden winch no problem.

Pretty much, green one will be sold, hopefully sooner than later so my neighbors don't hate me. Wrecked one is a '93 with 84k and a clean title. From Indiana though. It was undercoated so it's not terrible but my standards for rust are California. Shop wanted $1k min just to pull the frame straight (it's pretty bad) so that made the decision easy. The limited is a '95, 215k and a tranny on the way out, CO Jeep its whole life.

The '93 was picked up for its low mileage and this glorious rare '93 only interior option.

20201017122453-3b5df138-me.jpg

20201017122454-ef24e8dc-me.jpg

With that red interior it looks like You might be changing professions... call you Mr. Dolemite ?

The '93 was picked up for its low mileage and this glorious rare '93 only interior option.
I was going to say, we should know which one has a good transmission! ;)

Nice clean looking ZJ......I've been hunting one around where i live but all of them for that money look like they were lived in by goats or dropped off a cliff. And forget about them ever running or driving as is.

Still have it, been slowly fixing it up. The extended frigid winter we had and my detached garage didn't give me much motivation to start.

Replaced the TPS and IAT to fix the starting and rough idle issue, runs really well now. Put a new VC in the 249 with a new tranny mount. Replaced the cracked header panel and put 3 piece headlights back on it. Swapped in a new secondary detent kit for the shifter, the original one fell out in pieces. New catback exhaust waiting to go on, as well as motor mounts I have a non cracked driver door panel to swap in (unicorn). Have a blown speaker I need to swap out. Still need to deep clean the interior. I haven't figured out what to do with the seats yet. The driver is pretty bad on the base cushion but tan ZJ parts are very hard to find. I hate seat covers except wet Okoles but don't really want to spend the $500 for them. Still looking for a non cracked rear bumper as well. And if you haven't figured it out yet, once I feel it's in a good spot I will be letting it go.

Lasted longer then 4 months so y'all can kiss my grits!

20210412152129-df99b6ae-me.jpg

20210412152134-08faf6cb-me.jpg

20210412152135-e6197d11-me.jpg

20210412152136-d94309cb-me.jpg

20210412152138-5d3fb5b4-me.jpg

20210412152140-cda37386-me.jpg

Getting there!
Why not a 242 swap?

Would have been more tempting to me with a 242.

Although I do have one sitting in the garage, hmmm...

Back