• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep liberty wheels with 285/75/16

With factory control arms, they will rub. I have 16"x7" Jeep Icon wheels, which also came on the Liberty's, with 245/75R16 tires and they rub the Rusty's control arms. I don't know if those tires will rub the leaves. Provide more info on your setup next time.

I'm all stock as of now but and trying to go for a cheap build I was wanting 33/12.50/15 but will have to buy wheels....I have some jeep liberty 16 and can get the 285-75-16 for free and was wondering if n e one was running n e thing like this and what lift tgey use....I drive daily and want the option to wheel if I want...

Just use that set up and get wheel spacers for the front.

Keep us posted because I'm planning to put Jeep Liberty 17X7 wheels on my XJ. I want to run a 255/70/17 and I'm hoping that I wont have any rubbing.

MY ranger wheels have an inch more backspacing than the Liberty rims and i barely rub with 285's

so yes they will rub

Do you think 255/70/17 would rub on Liberty wheels?

285/75/16s (which come out to about a 33x11.50) on 8" wide moabs (5.5" backspacing).

4.5ish inches of lift.

lots of trimming.

577594_360545297333226_681329569_n.jpg

i did add 1.5" wheel spacers.

you could adjust your steering stops or just make a mental note to not try to turn the tires to full lock in order to keep them off of the control arms. aftermarket arms will give you more clearance than stockers. but i found that without the spacers the from tires would probably contact the LCAs more than i would like. and the rear tires would probably contact the leafs. which is more of an issue the the LCAs.

Back