• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Trouble

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
This problem came out of right field. All was good on my 98 auto when i was driving down the road and all of a sudden, i get a studder in the engine. if I slam the gas down, I take off(and thats how i drove home, in sprint stages) but when i just try to keep a consistent speed going the engine sprutters and lurches. Was running just fine and the only thing i did recently to the jeep was weld on a rack and cut a hole in the fender for an airflow. Any help or advice what this problem may be would be appreciated greatly.

Any check engine light? If so, pull codes.

I would give some serious consideration to testing both fuel pressure at the fuel rail (49.2 at idle is spec) and also test the throttle position sensor. Need a manual and a meter (analog best) for that.

What engine? Stock or Stroker? Adjustable MAP?

Wow. It'd be great if people kept up with their posts. Mine's been doing the same thing. It'd be sweet if someone posted the fix.:helpme:

Back