• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IMPORTANT! Wright's Farm M&G Update!

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Although this non-event was intended to be only an afternoon/evening meet & greet, the pre M&G trail ride seems to have taken on a life of its own. It's beginning to appear that there will be 50 or more vehicles. That raises some concerns.

As most of you know, there is virtually no legal wheeling available in Connecticut, and very little in Rhode Island. We cannot afford to lose access to this location because of complaints, regardless of whether or not the complaints are justified or pure BS.

Once onto the trail there will be no problem. However, the entrance is adjacent to a very busy intersection at a very busy shopping center on a very busy state highway. There is NO WAY 50 Jeeps can get into the trail without causing a major traffic tie-up and attracting a lot of attention we don't want. Therefore:

Although Ryan is planning to leave the Stop & Shop meeting place at 10:00, if there is one or more groups of about 10 vehicles who are ready to roll before than and who know the way, they should leave before the main group.

The trail entrance is a 15-minute highway drive from the Stop & Shop, so airing down at S&S is not a good option. Once at the trail, Ryan will take the group into the shopping center. Find a remote corner of the lot where you're away from most of the traffic and air down there. From there, you can split up into stock and modified groups, preferably not more than 10 vehicles to a group, and head out to the trail in small groups with 10 to 15 minutes between groups.

This "non-event" was begun by NAXJA members but is not a NAXJA event. We can't enforce NAXJA rules, but to avoid giving anyone any excuse to restrict access to this trail, I urgently implore everyone to PLEASE behave. Don't drive crazy, especially out on the roads leading to the trail. No alcohol or banned chemicals before or during the run. DON'T LOSE THIS TRAIL.

Thanks.

um.. yeah... what he said!

Narragansett Electric knows that we will be there, their only stipulation is "don't mess with the poles"

also, No littering. There's enough trash along the trails :rolleyes: we don't need to add more.

i can take an early group to the shopping ctr near the trail and take some stockers in after to break it up into smaller initial groups...... we will all meet up after a short time anyways.....

find any axle ryan?? :pirate1:

mike

”also, No littering. There's enough trash along the trails we don't need to add more.”

It sounds like you need to set it up with Narragansett Electric to have a trail cleaning day, a little public relations goes a long way.

We've got at least a couple of MJs. I don't have torches, but I might be able to borrow a set. I do have a generator if people have sawzalls.

Or we might be able to drag it intact to pavement and from there perhaps NE would provide a flatbed to haul it out.

Great idea, we'll have to work on that.

Good idea with the cleanup - I'll be sure to try and make that as well if a spring date is chosen (sorry I can't make the M&G, got training classes to go to) - AND try some of that legendary chicken! And while you're having fun sloshing along the power lines - remember that NACFest is coming up in June - with just a "few" more obstacles to play on.

Have a good time.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Mike in NJ said:
Good idea with the cleanup - I'll be sure to try and make that as well if a spring date is chosen (sorry I can't make the M&G, got training classes to go to) - AND try some of that legendary chicken! And while you're having fun sloshing along the power lines - remember that NACFest is coming up in June - with just a "few" more obstacles to play on.

Have a good time.

Mike in NJ :patriot:
you don't know what you're missin!

I really hope I can make NACFest, but I think it's during my finals week this year :tears:

What's a good date to plan a cleanup for you Mike? (you're probably gonna have the longest drive)

CHW said:
Cutting torch and a couple of MJ's - No problem.
well, I know a cherokee fills up a shortbed MJ 3 times... You're on to something.

I'll hafta talk to Ray, might be able to borrrow a flatbed, or at least arrange for pickup.

The big stuff is the car (taurus) an engine block and the truckbed toolbox (for a fullsize), a large propane tank and someone dumped a load of shingles as well.

i bet if you talk to the right people at the Elactric Co. you may be able to talk them into maybe paying for a dumpster for a day.... can't hurt to ask. it would be a waste to clean it up and not have anywhere for the mountain of trash...
mike

good idea, and if that isn't an option maybe the town DPW would allow a one time use pass to the local dump since it'd be to the benefit of the town as well, just a thought, not even sure what town it's in LOL :)

Back