• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

early rear flare on late XJ?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Pulling the trigger on a Solid rear bumper, which will get rid of my end caps. Can I just get a pair of early flares to give the rear a finished look without the side part of the original bumper end caps? Or are they a different shape somehow? thanks!

I have a friend/coworker that lives in Winchester if we can work something out... what do you want for a pair? Do you know if they will do what I want them to do? (basically, allow me to put the Rigid bumper on without having the rear look like there's something missing. Yes, I know that I will have to fill some holes in the quarter where the little metal thing for the end cap attaches if I don't cut 'n' fold, I'm OK with that.)

thanks!

XJ is red, but has black flares and bumpers. I'll see if my friend is willing to help me with this and let you know.

Or did you mean that the flares were black and gold? That'd be OK too, it'd go well with the Steelers and Pens stickers :)

Ive got early xj flares on my '98, the holes all lined up as far as i remember or you can just easily drill new holes in the little flange on the flare. Not sure about how far down they will go though as I cut mine to stop at the bumper end caps.. (which have now been ripped off while out wheelin lol...)

Back