• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Urgent - Help keep some BB trails open

jonboy

NAXJA Forum User
OK guys, time to get off our butts and write a letter to the forest service. I just got this email from some friends in the Desert Dawgs and we could use everybody's help to keep a couple of local trails open. If you like the Gold Mountain rock garden, then take action this weekend...

Note: This may be a pain--and, if so, I apologize.....it seems the seven scanned documents I am compelled to share with you and hopefully gain your involvement with may be too large for many ISPs to accept. Hence, Steve Gardiner was kind enough to create a storage site with the following shortcut for access:

http://lttlbddy.com/albums/Misc-WC/2006Maps/

Please take the time to act on this! Without your support we may lose both of these trails. Greg can receive your input after the cut-off date of 7/31 as long as the forms are dated on or before 7/31/06.

July 19th, at our scheduled SBNF AAT meeting, Greg Hoffman informed us that any trails not currently on the official SBNF maps will be deemed to not exist--unless their existence is substantiated via the submission of a San Bernardino National Forest-Route Inventory Workshop Review Sheet with an attached Route Inventory Map (with the route highlighted in color) with said documents dated no later than 7/31/06.

Click on the link above to get sample and blank docs for two trails I am personally aware of which are not mapped. Please take a few minutes to complete a Review Sheet and Inventory Map for each trail to help save these routes. Send completed documents dated on or before 7/31/06 to:

Big Bear Ranger Station
Attn. Greg Hoffman
41397 North Shore Drive, Highway 38
P.O. Box 290
Fawnskin, CA 92333

Trail #1: 3N69A, a thru loop traversing the Rock Garden off of Gold Mountain Trail 3N69. This route has been signed and maintained as an AAT by wc4wdc for several years--but is not shown on current SBNF maps and will be closed if we do not take action. It offers a great trail experience both scenic and challenging. I do not have a blank map for this one--but you can just color highlight the loop in about the middle of the page (3N69A is the right side of said loop).

Trail #2: 3N14A Dawn o' Day Extension/Thru-Route. Several years ago the Coxey Creek Trail was closed due to possible impact on Riparian areas. The SBNF stated they would replace the lost trail with another in the near vicinity. The proposed route was an extension of 3N14A connecting 3N14 with 3N17 as a thru route. Several fires and administrative delays have kept this extension from becoming a reality. The SBNF has stated several times "It will be on next year's calendar". The biological studies and initial route selection have been completed and the route only needs to be calendared for construction. Even though this trail does not yet exist--we need to verify it is in the development process and encourage the SBNF to accelerate the completion of the route.

Thank you for taking the time to save these routes.

jonboy said:
OK guys, time to get off our butts and write a letter to the forest service. I just got this email from some friends in the Desert Dawgs and we could use everybody's help to keep a couple of local trails open. If you like the Gold Mountain rock garden, then take action this weekend...

Note: This may be a pain--and, if so, I apologize.....it seems the seven scanned documents I am compelled to share with you and hopefully gain your involvement with may be too large for many ISPs to accept. Hence, Steve Gardiner was kind enough to create a storage site with the following shortcut for access:

http://lttlbddy.com/albums/Misc-WC/2006Maps/

Please take the time to act on this! Without your support we may lose both of these trails. Greg can receive your input after the cut-off date of 7/31 as long as the forms are dated on or before 7/31/06.

July 19th, at our scheduled SBNF AAT meeting, Greg Hoffman informed us that any trails not currently on the official SBNF maps will be deemed to not exist--unless their existence is substantiated via the submission of a San Bernardino National Forest-Route Inventory Workshop Review Sheet with an attached Route Inventory Map (with the route highlighted in color) with said documents dated no later than 7/31/06.

Click on the link above to get sample and blank docs for two trails I am personally aware of which are not mapped. Please take a few minutes to complete a Review Sheet and Inventory Map for each trail to help save these routes. Send completed documents dated on or before 7/31/06 to:

Big Bear Ranger Station
Attn. Greg Hoffman
41397 North Shore Drive, Highway 38
P.O. Box 290
Fawnskin, CA 92333

Trail #1: 3N69A, a thru loop traversing the Rock Garden off of Gold Mountain Trail 3N69. This route has been signed and maintained as an AAT by wc4wdc for several years--but is not shown on current SBNF maps and will be closed if we do not take action. It offers a great trail experience both scenic and challenging. I do not have a blank map for this one--but you can just color highlight the loop in about the middle of the page (3N69A is the right side of said loop).

Trail #2: 3N14A Dawn o' Day Extension/Thru-Route. Several years ago the Coxey Creek Trail was closed due to possible impact on Riparian areas. The SBNF stated they would replace the lost trail with another in the near vicinity. The proposed route was an extension of 3N14A connecting 3N14 with 3N17 as a thru route. Several fires and administrative delays have kept this extension from becoming a reality. The SBNF has stated several times "It will be on next year's calendar". The biological studies and initial route selection have been completed and the route only needs to be calendared for construction. Even though this trail does not yet exist--we need to verify it is in the development process and encourage the SBNF to accelerate the completion of the route.

Thank you for taking the time to save these routes.

Hey John, thanks for posting. I've written and will be passing it on to my advocate network.

One trail lost is ten trails too many.

GC

Okay boyz, we all got together to build a Jeep, lets get together to keep from losing places to drive it!
Damn...more crap from the leftist a-holes!!
Rick R:flame:

Back