• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blown up 4.0

MJlogan

NAXJA Forum User
88 4.0. Has a hole in the block. Head is good- was pressure checked and surfaced about 1000 mi. ago. Everything has around 230k on it. No intake or exhaust. Head would be good for a 258. Will not part out, you want one thing, you get the whole motor.

Good parts:
-Head
-Oil Pan (probably has some debris in it....)
-Valve cover
-Distributor
-T-stat housing

Going to norcal bay area this weekend if anyone up there wants it.

pic- http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483788

If you're coming up here anyhow, I'd be willing to take the lot (except the distributor, leave that for xjmyway.)

Got anything you might want? I'm rapidly becoming a stock parts depot...

5-90

PS - how'd you blow a hole in the block? The one I did (my 87) was when I lost the oil pump, and the #6 rod tried to "leave" the engine...

5-90

Sorry, the motor is gone.

I believe the hole came from lack of oil pressure when the jeep was on its side. I figured why try and strap it back over when i've got fuel injection and 2 wheels still kind of on the ground. Drove it on its side back into the notch that put me over and got it back on all four. About two hours later it started to tick, then knock, then all hell broke loose.

Back