• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MG Fabrication?

platinum5.9

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if anyone has had or has heard any good feedback on these products. I love the design or the Heavy Duty rock rails and roof rack. I love the way the roof rack attaches to the roof. Everything looks quality. I would just like to know if its worth the $....Thanks

www.mgfaboffroad.com

Those are the ones I was mentioning. There stuff looks like quality stuff, but I was just looking for some feedback..... Also check out the way the roof rack mounts. There would be no issue w/ weight w/ that mounting system. I was hoping a few would have there stuff and have +/- feedback!

platinum5.9 said:
Those are the ones I was mentioning. There stuff looks like quality stuff, but I was just looking for some feedback..... Also check out the way the roof rack mounts. There would be no issue w/ weight w/ that mounting system. I was hoping a few would have there stuff and have +/- feedback!
I dont think I would go that far. The just bolt onto the factory slider positions. They are prob. stronger then using the factory sliders, but I would have them mount to the rain gutter/pinch seam to be stronger.

That being said, I have never heard of MG fab, but they seem to make fairly good products.

platinum5.9 said:
I was just wondering if anyone has had or has heard any good feedback on these products. I love the design or the Heavy Duty rock rails and roof rack. I love the way the roof rack attaches to the roof. Everything looks quality. I would just like to know if its worth the $....Thanks

www.mgfaboffroad.com

doesnt look bad to me. I think its fair enough price compared to what some cheaply made universal racks go for. I liked kevins http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/ xj roof rack, it was low, wide and mounted to the drip rails, and our very own farmer matt used to make a nice looking stout rack, i think he stoped but i would definately borrow from both their designs and maybe give it a try yourself as a first DIY project.

Agreed.....

motorcityxj said:
doesnt look bad to me. I think its fair enough price compared to what some cheaply made universal racks go for. I liked kevins http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/ xj roof rack, it was low, wide and mounted to the drip rails, and our very own farmer matt used to make a nice looking stout rack, i think he stoped but i would definately borrow from both their designs and maybe give it a try yourself as a first DIY project.

I've made probably 1000 baskets at work (I won't say where for non-advertisement purposes), its really not that difficult a task if you have a tubing bender.

I will say that in building them I've grown to appreciate their simple design, and the $370 pricetag doesn't seem too bad. Personally I haven't decided if I want to ever run a roof rack. It will cost me $193, so maybe I'll try it out and see.

Back