• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto Trans Flush in denver metro area

Citat3962

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking an infusion of Fresh ATF would be some good preventative maintenance for my AW4 equipped 91 XJ.

Who would be a good/cheap shop to do the transmission flush in the denver area for me to have do this?

I've noticed it's a little rough on the 2-3 shift and the fluid is at the full level.

Anyone had this done recently? I'd like to get this done before I go to Chinamans Gultch on he 15th.

I'll probably start pricing this out soon so if I find any deals I'll be sure to post them up.

I would suggest to st do it yourself, it has a drain plug. Drain it then put the new ATF in. Easier then an oil change.

If you want to pay someone I would suggest Astro Automotive, there owner Bruce and and Don (Digger on Colo4x4.org) both have XJ and are very knowledgeable. Tell them you are a member of Colorado4x4.org and get 10% off. There number is 303-722-2808. They are located off of Alameda and Santa Fe. Also they have free loaner cars too if you need one. Ther are some great people.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=18552

Last edited:
COOL!

That's what I was looking for!

I would do it myself and I plan to from this point forward... I'd just like to do one FULL flush to ensure I get a a full clean refill of ATF into the trans...especially the torque converter.. I know that if you do it the old fashioned way you can get most of the old stuff out -->

(empty the pan, fill, Drive, empty the pan, fill, drive, empty, fill til you have gone through about a case of ATF at which point you have reduced the percentage of old stuff to around 15%) -->

But I know you'll never get it ALL out without a flush or an overhaul.. the above method just mixes the clean with the dirty stuff til it dilutes it with clean ATF..

So I'll give them a call and see about a flush! Thanks alot!

Sandman XJ said:
I would suggest to st do it yourself, it has a drain plug. Drain it then put the new ATF in. Easier then an oil change.

That doesnt get all of it, you have to drop the pan to get it all, and might as well do the tranny filter then too.

Back