• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missouri laws

kirby

NAXJA Forum User
I will be moving to springfield area in late june early july to go to school. I have looked at the state laws concerning lift height according to GVW and noticed I'm over the limit. What is the cherokee considered in Missouri <4500 or >4500 GVW since jeep put out the GVW as 4001-5001? I'm sitting at 6" with 35's on my xj. Am I going to have problems with getting it inspected and getting pulled over? My front is 29" to the bumper and the rear is like 27". Thanks for the help.

Your GVW should be listed on your drivers door or door jamb. Mine is on the door, don't know if its anywhere else on older ones.

Didn't think of actually looking at the jeep. I just found the numbers online. So it's GVW is 4900. So I'm only 3" over law instead of 5".

As long as your not breaking any laws like speeding or tailgating or pumping your strereo system you should be fine.As far as the lift laws are concerned,If you are going to license it here then go outside of springfield and have someone do an inspection on it in a more rural area.There are a lot of lifted vehicles here and some look to be illeagle but I rarley see them pulled over.

kirby...in bolivar??? Went to school there let me know if you need anything!
You will be in the boondocks of missouri, springfield has a ton of lifted jeeps (mostly wranglers that never see off-road) and no one ever hassled me about any lift laws....bolivar is a rural community used to big trucks and confederate flags they arent concerned with lift laws! Like i said let me know if you need anything!

I beleive that the biggest prob you will have is if you don't have a cat, any check engine lights on, custom tail lights. Other than that I would think you would be ok. You got to remember that KS/MO is full of rednecks

Yes I'm going to southwest baptist. As far as I could tell emissions isn't required in Polk county so the check engine light shouldn't be a problem.

I live in springfield and my inlaws live in Bolivar... you wont have anything to worry about with your jeep. There are several jeeps around here that are lifted along with several pickups that are lifted. So welcome to MO when you get here!

Back