• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running this for a dd long distance?

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
hey i was wondering does anyone who drive long distance (50-70 miles) run a dd setup with 33's and 4.56's. reason is is that i can't swing the cash for a trail jeep and parts so i was going to build my dd with that setup. just wondering what the highway manners were and what you might change if you did it over again

Last edited:
Re: Anyone running this?

I drive mine 80 to 100 miles a day most days. I have 35's though. The auto and 4.56's aren't bad on the road. Sometimes I wish It was faster off the line.

There are hundreds of gear ratio threads. You don't even need to search. Just start scanning through the most recent threads.

I would think you would love that setup.

Re: Anyone running this?

passxj said:
I drive mine 80 to 100 miles a day most days. I have 35's though. The auto and 4.56's aren't bad on the road. Sometimes I wish It was faster off the line.

There are hundreds of gear ratio threads. You don't even need to search. Just start scanning through the most recent threads.

I would think you would love that setup.

yeah i know there's a hundred gear threads, i just couldn't find one with what i was lookin for. Thanks for the opinion on the setup by the way, it really does help

shortxjdoug said:
hey i was wondering does anyone who drive long distance (50-70 miles) run a dd setup with 33's and 4.56's. reason is is that i can't swing the cash for a trail jeep and parts so i was going to build my dd with that setup. just wondering what the highway manners were and what you might change if you did it over again
you will love it, i have 35s for street driving with my 4.56s and i hope to be getting some 33s once again. its a perfect match.

alot of the difference wil be your trany. i ran 33s on an auto 2 years ago. and it seemed to be a close match to stock drivability, and my current 5-spd is a bit deeper. 70 mph is about 2600 to 2700 RPM. i havent gotten a good check on my milage but it seems to be around 16 - 17 MPG. no different than it was with 3.55s and 31s. i like the combination, i was going to do 4.88s but i'm driving to Moab in a few weks and that would be more RPMs than i care to ask from my 245K mile 4.0L.

I drive daily 70 miles, round trip , 33 and 4.56 and I love it...!

I drove approximately 55K with that set up and then went to 35's. I miss the reponse of the 33's with the 4.56's. I am like alot of others on here, thinking about going back to 33's for just DD reasons. 33's and 4.56's lots o fun will insue at stoplights next to ricers......not much will be able to keep up with you till about 50-60 mph for a dead stand still.......good good fun.

I DD 4.56 and 33's about 100 miles a day with combined city/highway driving with a matching spare on the roof and I get about 16.5 to 17.5 mpg. Without the tire on the roof I get some where in the 18 to 19.5 range.

Back