• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

thanks man! I'm gonna try and make it to the rock bouncer races in Bridgeport this sat.

Funny,...I too am entertaining the same thought.

I need to get the tires balanced first. The driver front wobbles between 55 and 65 MPH. Acceptable at other speeds.

If you want to go, let me know. I have some new baby classes at the hospital that morning, but would be leaving at about 12:30 or so to head out there.

I just bought an Ected Max to install in the 8.8. I'll try and post up some pics of the install if anyone is interested.

I just bought an Ected Max to install in the 8.8. I'll try and post up some pics of the install if anyone is interested.

What diameter tires are you running? I have heard they do not do well with large tires. Also, people who spend a lot of time in the sand dunes do not speak well of them. The clutches wear quickly under heavy demand.

I have one in the D44 for many years 10+ and have not had a problem. But,..my XJ does 99% highway. Usually, I only do trails and fire roads so the demand on the clutch type locker is low. I bought it because of the limited slip ability and find it to be a very capable locker on 32" tires while being gentle on the skinny pedal.

I’m planning on running 33”s and I honestly don’t do too much wheeling so most use will be on the highway. Hopefully I’ll be able to hit the trails more in the future. I’ve read quite a few reviews and threads and the Ected gave me the best impression. I would have chosen an ARB but I don’t want to mess with an air compressor so that narrowed it down to electric or ox and a lot of people people are negative on the ox and the Eaton e-locker but I’ll probably run one of those in the front. I could do a mechanical but I want selectable since most use is on the street and this one has a limited slip function which should be nice.

Got the Jeep back on the ground with the deavers installed and the Napier flares on.

Need a smaller torque wrench that I can maneuver under the Jeep to get the u bolts torqued down

I like the wheels! Here are the same style on an LJ I picked up last week.

73406B85-00CA-4680-ACE5-BAC634D097EB.jpg

Got the deavers torqued down, went for a test drive and I love it. So smooth, a lot fewer noises.

Last night Wrapped up my 12v solar generator project by adding the last 2 batteries and building the hold down. Weighs a ton lol. Really want to go to lithium batteries but the Dakota lithiums would be about 300 bucks haha. But this will give me about 21 amp hours of reserve capacity. Decided not to mount the ham radio and do a permanent wire job but went with an SAE connector so i can move it if i want. Went ahead and added a mic mount on the lid for basecamp use.

0c2e49de2c945943d573edc0d7dd73bb.jpg

Today i added a heatshield setup to help with heatsoak on the fuel rail, installed a probably overkill transmission cooler and started the rock slider build by cutting out the rails and frame mounts.

a8376d1f1312dca89bb28726ccf4fdab.jpg

6003ff728b5b8f2bf4dfe4c863e25f4d.jpg

4b3a8292e54d7d98891c2066f0183ef9.jpg

Helper

9b62a5c8c0747b38eecfe8c1ce3c9f5a.jpg

Got the mouting plates for the Jeep rock sliders drilled out and got the uniframe drilled on the passengerside and measurements for the "legs" on the same side.

Also did a coolant flush and thermostat replacement on a friends jeep JK Wrangler.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wife had an overnight work thing and i had to work this morning so dropped the kids off with grandma got back home from that around 1030 and ran the welder on the rock rails till I ran out of wire. :/ almost got them done have two more endcaps to weld on.

ad4c18d60883ceb8127421cae3534f6a.jpg

8c60337f640c04874eba3833122dbf96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Those look heavy duty!

Going to get the front driveshaft dropped off to get rebuilt this week. I will also have a tow rig hopefully this week!

Going to get the front driveshaft dropped off to get rebuilt this week. I will also have a tow rig hopefully this week!

I guess it's pretty difficult to DIY? I've only replaced a U joint int mine.

What are you getting done to the driveshaft? Mine had play where the splines go in. The guy replaced that and a new "stub shaft" the part that goes into the tube.

After that, the vibe went away.

any juicy details of the new tow pig?

I guess it's pretty difficult to DIY? I've only replaced a U joint int mine.

Id like the whole driveshaft rebuilt. Ive attempted rebuilding one before and will not attempt that again.

What are you getting done to the driveshaft? Mine had play where the splines go in. The guy replaced that and a new "stub shaft" the part that goes into the tube.

After that, the vibe went away.

any juicy details of the new tow pig?

I bought the driveshaft from a guy a couple years ago. Just getting it rebuilt so I dont gotta worry about it since Im unsure of the mileage on it.

2008 Suburban Z71 4x4. Will post pictures once I have it.

Sweet ride!

Where are you taking the driveshaft to?

It is a nice ride. Can't wait to start driving it.

Drive Train of Mesquite. I've used them a couple times so far.

Last edited:
Back