• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not the usual ZJ coil question!

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
So everyone always talks about ZJ 4.5" coils. But my question is, are the ZJ 3" coils the same as the XJ 4.5" coils? I know the ZJ rates are generally stiffer than XJ ones, but im just curious if they are different if they give roughly the same lift.

my buddy's xj with 3" RE ZJ coils compared to my xj with 4.5" RE XJ coils and 1.75" spacers

977l6x.jpg

So if you had regular fenders and no spacers, they seem like theyd be close in height. Thanks for the pic, got anymore? What leafs is your buddy running and what size tires does he have in that pic?

RE 3.5 inch Xj coils with 1 inch spacer - front
RE 3.5 inch leafs with 1.5 inch shackle - rear
with 35x12.5
newest.jpg

I then added a RE 3.5 inch zj coil and took out the spacer thinking that might level it out a bit more, But I was wrong. I think there is a general misconception that ZJ coils give more lift than they actually do. My xj3.5 coils + spacer sat higher than the zj 3.5 coils by about a .5 inch. I then added a 1inch spacer on top of the zj coils and ended up with the front sitting a little high, and i personally like the rear to sit a tad high. So i added a yj leaf to the rear to bring it back up.

I can have pictures of the current setup after I get off work

Thanks Krazie, that pic helps out alot, in fact it pretty much confirms that what id like to do, is possible. Post some pics with the new setup, id like to see it. (nice plexy glass rear window!)

Thanks for the pic Krazie, it helped alot. I now know that what id like to do is possible. Id love to see the after pics(nice plexy rear window too!)

Atl-Atl said:
So if you had regular fenders and no spacers, they seem like theyd be close in height. Thanks for the pic, got anymore? What leafs is your buddy running and what size tires does he have in that pic?

he's got sagging rustys 3" leaves and 33x10.5" BFG's

i have 3.5" RE leaves and used to have 33x12.5" procomps

Back