• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop Pittman arm/Trac bar question

Yokalryder

NAXJA Forum User
So I have recently acquired a buddies take off 4.5" lift. He gave me everything but drop Pittman arm, trac bar and shocks. I have picked up an adjustable trac bar. I'm currently running a 3" spacer up front and a 2.5" add a leaf in the rear. I am trying to piece together everything I need to do the lift. My main question is do I really need the drop Pittman arm? Or could I get away with running one off a ZJ? I know generally the trac bar, drag link and tie rod all need to be as close to parallel as possible. I work on a super tight budget, hence the hand me down parts lol. So I'm just trying to the best route to go on a budget, I definitely don't mind digging around at pick n pull for parts. So if I do go look for a ZJ Pittman arm is there a specific model I should be looking at? Thank you

No drop pitman necessary until you lift about 6 - 8 inches.

Just removed my drop pitman (installed it when I couldn't get the OEM one off my old steering gear thinking it'd help with articulation)... I don't miss the bump steer.

stock will work. I put a dropped arm on mine as I plan to go to 6" eventually and had the steering gear out working on it

Here's a little primer on what you're looking for to determine if you even need a drop pitman arm or track bar brackets. It's all about the angles, and not necessarily the amount of lift.

Back