• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maiden voyage of the XJ

XJ_99

NAXJA Forum User
Well I took the Xj on its first outing saturday nothing big easy little trail ride . Me and my father took a trip up to Argentine Pass , me in my XJ and my dad in his TJ. We got about 2/3 the way up the trail and hit 5-6 foot snow drifts . So we turned around and headed back down to try and cross the valley to the McClellan mountian trail . Well come to find out the creek that you have to cross was well lets say a little swollen. So deciding that we did want to turn the jeeps into kayaks we headed back up the other half of that trail . That turned out to be basiclly a 100 yard hill climb up a creek full of rock , needless to say the xj got her first workout. I found out that I have a couple of things to address before the next trip . All in all a good day , sorry for no pix I was to busy drivin....................:D

Glad to hear you got the rig out for some weekend fun Tony! You've already gone wheeling more than me this year....... :D

YELLAHEEP said:
Glad to hear you got the rig out for some weekend fun Tony! You've already gone wheeling more than me this year....... :D
ditto.

Anyone up for a quick run next weekend? Something close to denver maybe?

ya I took my XJ out for its first real workout as well. I whent with the 14ers patrol from the mile high jeep club to open up Red Cone. we didnt make it all the way up but the jeep did well, did dent my rear quarters a bit even though my bumper wraps there....Guess I will weld some 1/4" to the 3/16th already there.

other then that all worked as planned woohoo. Spring Creek I think next weekend....

Yeah im going on the 14 of july with the hobo jeepers of patrol one on there annual run so I need to get things straight on the XJ before that...........

Kingston peak another easy run but its a fun poker run with prizes and give-a-ways at the end of the run.

Back