• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday Night Run?

WrtusmcTJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just throwing it out there to see if anybody else is up for a nice little night run, something simple and easy. Thinking maybe Gold Mountain??

Nah, its easy to find the trailhead on the backside. What's hard to see in the dark is the turnoff for the talus slope. Couple years ago at SCF, I was leading a Gold Mountain night run. I had Danwho riding with me. Since we were busy talking, we completely missed the turnoff for the talus slope. But the other three Jeeps managed to find it. We realized that we were alone and told the others that we would meet back up with them where the two trails reconnect. We found that intersection, at least we were reasonably sure we were at the right place. We sat there quite a while until the other Jeeps finally came down the trail. It was completely dark that night. It was pretty creepy just sitting there. Glad I had someone with me. Ha.

The trails are completely different at night. Especially John Bull and Deep Creek. You don't know where you are until you come upon a familiar obstacle. A lot of fun though. I'd be up for a Friday night run. You just don't want me leading.

Nah, its easy to find the trailhead on the backside. What's hard to see in the dark is the turnoff for the talus slope. Couple years ago at SCF, I was leading a Gold Mountain night run. I had Danwho riding with me. Since we were busy talking, we completely missed the turnoff for the talus slope. But the other three Jeeps managed to find it. We realized that we were alone and told the others that we would meet back up with them where the two trails reconnect. We found that intersection, at least we were reasonably sure we were at the right place. We sat there quite a while until the other Jeeps finally came down the trail. It was completely dark that night. It was pretty creepy just sitting there. Glad I had someone with me. Ha.

The trails are completely different at night. Especially John Bull and Deep Creek. You don't know where you are until you come upon a familiar obstacle. A lot of fun though. I'd be up for a Friday night run. You just don't want me leading.

Sounds like fun, not to sure you want me leading either haha but im down to give it a shot!!

+2 for night run. I'm sure Trevor and I will be in on this night run. Gold mountain sounds fun.

Do you mind a stock Jeep WJ (Grand C) coming on the night run, maybe? I've seen stock trucks do Gold Mountain before and I haven't really wheeled the WJ yet. (I'm dirtbiking daytime) I'm not touching the rock garden in the WJ though.

What time are you heading out on the night run and how long is the trail?

I'm interested but I need to get dinner on the way in, set up camp, and get a 3 year old in bed early enough that I don't hate life on Saturday.

But night runs are more fun with dull, crappy lights. When you can't see where the hell you're going. :)

I bought LED lights for mine, tried them out in the desert, out drove my lights and hit a big bump. Got at least a second of air.

Now my built jeep is staying home in the garage while I take my stock Jeep this weekend.

KH

or6OeK0Z_original.jpg

Back