• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock rail questions

willysnut

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have any pics of the self tapper type bolts to attach the rail bracket to the frame? I don't want to use thru bolts. I want to find them locally. What size are recommended? I'm building my rails just need some help with the hardware.

The thread cutters look like any other bolt, except that they have a notch or grooves cut in the end. Where are you? I get mine, in the 3/8" flavor, at Hi Strength Bolt in Denver.

Check and see if you have a fastenal in the area. Their website is www.fastenal.com If you ask for self-tappers, they will tell you they're not available 'cause they're thinking of the bolts with the drill-bit like head(these types of screw/bolts don't come in anything above 1/4"). Tell them you're looking for self-threading, and that should do the trick. HTH

Ary

What you want are "TYPE F" self threading bolts

The size you want are 3/8" x 1" they use a 5/16" drill bit.

Beware they are expensive!!!!!!!!!!

hinkley

Sounds like fastenal has what I need. I only need 8 as I am bolting the back support thru the spring hanger. Thanks for the help.

Back