• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 XJ Dana 35 axle vent screw

XJ4X4XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced all my brake lines on my 1999 XJ but the axle vent screw was stripped. I have a temporary fix on it for now but its not permanent.

I've been trying to locate a replacement part but I am having no luck at any auto-shops or on-line.

Does anyone have any leads on this?

The original part# is J318 7999.

Is there a Dorman part that is a substitute? Part# 924263??

Does this Mopar part fit? Mopar - 4137696ab?

Any help is much appreciated.

I just replaced all my brake lines on my 1999 XJ but the axle vent screw was stripped. I have a temporary fix on it for now but its not permanent.

I've been trying to locate a replacement part but I am having no luck at any auto-shops or on-line.

Does anyone have any leads on this?

The original part# is J318 7999.

Is there a Dorman part that is a substitute? Part# 924263??

Does this Mopar part fit? Mopar - 4137696ab?

Any help is much appreciated.

I think the 4137696 number is correct. I found another thread that referenced it. Some the D35s came with crappy plastic ones that tended to leak.
https://www.amazon.com/MOPAR-Mopar-Screw-Axle-Vent/dp/B007NMGKIY

Thanks!

I placed and order for the Dorman 924-263 and the Mopar 4137696AB.
Once I get both hopefully one of them will work - fingers crossed.

I searched the other threads but couldn't find anything definitive on the vent screw.

I also thought the plastic ones are for the end of the vent hose unless they made a threaded plastic screw vent but never heard of that?

1997-to-1999-parts-catalog%2070%20.jpg

Back