• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine light on P1694 code

dannyg81

NAXJA Forum User
My check engine light came on about 3 weeks ago. i finally got it scanned and it gave me code P1694. jeep starts and runs for the most part but sometimes it hassitates to start up, ocasionally has a missfire. when i give it gas it seems to sometimes misfire. Anyone familiar or is aving same issue out thare i would appriciate any help i can get on what might need to be replaced etc. Thanks

p1694 CCD message from JTEC failure

Using scan tool, clear TCM DTCs. Start engine and let idle for at least 2 minutes. Using scan tool, retrieve TCM DTCs. If DTC P1694 returns, go to next step. If DTC P1694 does not return, go to step 5 .
Check instrument cluster gauges for proper operation. If fuel gauge and speedometer operate properly, go to next step. If fuel gauge and speedometer do not operate properly, see appropriate INSTRUMENT PANELS article in ACCESSORIES & EQUIPMENT.
Turn ignition off. Disconnect Powertrain Control Module (PCM) harness connectors. PCM is located at left front of engine compartment. Disconnect TCM harness connector. Using a DVOM, measure resistance of CCD BUS (-) (White/Black wire) between TCM harness connector and Gray PCM harness connector. If resistance is greater than 5 ohms, repair open in CCD BUS (-) (White/Black wire). If resistance is not as specified, go to next step.
Using a DVOM, measure resistance of CCD BUS (+) (Violet/Brown wire) between TCM harness connector and Gray PCM harness connector. If resistance is greater than 5 ohms, repair open in CCD BUS (+) (Violet/Brown wire). If resistance is not as specified, replace TCM.
Conditions necessary to set DTC P1694 are currently not present. Inspect related wiring and harness connectors. See WIRING DIAGRAMS . Repair as necessary. If no problem is found, check for broken, bent, backed-out or corroded terminal pins. Check for wires that are chafed, pierced or partially broken inside insulation. Repair as necessary.

might be nice to know year/engine ;) you will get much more of a response in the tech forums, or are you looking for someone local to come over and help?

I'm just looking for any help of we're I can start trouble shooting the problem from . I will. Began working on it today after work !

My info posted was for 99 4.0. Checked your profile for that. That is the entire test procedure for that code.

A P1694 can also be caused by a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor or sensor wiring.

Back