• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ceramic coated header and intake

There isn't the greatest color selection in the super high heat coatings but I thought it would look good with my black motor and titanium color header. I got a good start on the heat shield yesterday and hope finish it up today along with getting all my SS studs set in place and then it will be ready to install.

Time to install this bit**, I got all the studs Loctite'd in and thread sealer on the NPT fittings. I finished with the heat shield with 1/8" stand-off's so this things ready to go!
P1090074.JPG

P1090075.JPG

How well does the Revolver header hold up to vibration over the years? I've been thinking about doing that upgrade, but the OEM header with the flexible sections going to cylinders 1 and 6 has been so durable...

I actually got the intake loosely hung on with the top bolts last night, I still need to do all the lowers and get it torqued down. It's raining right now and supposedly most of the day so I'll get what I can done today. I should have it back on the road by tomorrow, unfortunately with the weather lately I don't know when I will be able to get some good testing done.
P1090076.JPG

P1090077.JPG

How well does the Revolver header hold up to vibration over the years? I've been thinking about doing that upgrade, but the OEM header with the flexible sections going to cylinders 1 and 6 has been so durable...

My old Revolver( I bought a new one for coating) was 4yrs old with no signs of any cracking on it anywhere.

That looks really sweet.

I am jealous.

Jealous of the rain too. How did you score rain in Phoenix? Wash and a wax your Jeep?

Yeah, it's amazing that we're actually getting a "monsoon" season this year!

Time to install this bit**, I got all the studs Loctite'd in and thread sealer on the NPT fittings. I finished with the heat shield with 1/8" stand-off's so this things ready to go!
P1090074.JPG

P1090075.JPG

Great! My favorite diesel engine color, Caterpillar (almost) Yellow.

The heat shield look tiny,...maybe you do not need more than that having the entire manifold ceramic coated.

When I grow up, I am going to build my XJ just like yours. :repair:

There isn't a lot of room to work with and still have access to everything. Even the installation of the intake limits how much can hang further down and since nothing existed there before I figured I would just focus on the high heat load areas to add additional protection, again that's what the air gap and polishing is also for.
P1090063.JPG

P1090064.JPG

I should add this is all a expensive experiment to which I have no idea of what if any benefits there will be, but you can't find out until you try!

I'm just about to fire this thing up! Yea, I've been 5 weeks without my baby!
P1090080.JPG

P1090079.JPG

It's up and running, need a little more time before the computer settles back in but....
P1090081.JPG

What I should have done is also take some under-hood temps, I've got a 2 channel blue tooth thermometer that I didn't even think about but it does "seem" better!

What I should have done is also take some under-hood temps, I've got a 2 channel blue tooth thermometer that I didn't even think about but it does "seem" better!

When things settle in, I would like to hear of some under hood temperature verses ambient temperature.

My XJ intake temps average 135 at highway speed in 85 degree temperature and close to 200 in stop and go traffic also 85 degree ambient temperature.

I could still do that but I won't have any data to compare it to. I would love to hear ideas on where to place the sensors?

Back