• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats it worth ?

srb531

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i want to sell my 98 xj 8.25 axle wl 4.56, detroit locker, alloy usa shafts, disc brakes, riddler cover, barnes u bolt eliminator kit. shaved bottom. whats it worth ?

Probably not what you would like, like everything else we do you usually get about 1/2 of what it cost to do it originally.

A lot of info missing. Mainly mileage and condition. Those are the huge ones. Pictures would help. Also, you did not mention lift, tire size etc. But as has been said, take a value for a stock one, then 1/2 of the material cost of upgrades.
I will say that in the past 5 years, the view of how a lifted rig is values has changed. More to the stock value + 1/2 cost of materials. In the past some lifted rigs sold for about $5,500. The value of pristine XJs has gone up. Say $8,500 and up. There was someone on another site, with a 3 inch lifted XJ at 50K and sold it for $13,500 or so.

I think he's selling just the axle, not a whole rig.

With the gearing, locker, shafts, and other upgrades the right buyer might pay you a grand. How long it takes to find said buyer is another story.

Since shipping is un-realistic, whatever your area/market is like will determine the price!

I'd say 800-900 since you can get 8.8s on ebay geared to whatever you want for about the same but bare tubes so you can do as you want with it.l

https://www.ebay.com/itm/87-95-Jeep...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I contacted the seller about getting axles bare or not stripped of factory ford brackets

The Detroit is a locker id be willing to pay for. But the 8.25 to me im not sure is worth putting that kind of money in a locker in it.

I'd be very torn on what I pay knowing I can get more for the same money.

Yes 800-900 I think

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back