• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted 4.0 engine, rear drivers door & complete Rear axle assy

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Like the title says, looking for a 4.0 engine, 91-95 HO vintage (for a neighbor), and a rear drivers side door, dark blue preferred, and an 87-90 vintage entire rear axle assembly, non-ABS, so maybe 87-89? to replace an 89 stock, 3.54 ratio.

My daughter got hit at the beach earlier this week, door is toast I think, and the rear axle shaft was, is now bent.

Her friend threw a rod through the block in his 95 jeep Grand Cherokee's 4.0 in a separate recent unpleasant day due to a stray, extra oil filter gasket mistake.

I have almost complete 92 that was wrecked on the pass side. I have sold the seats and the over head counsel. I would let it all go for $500.00

i have a shaft i can send you :D

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I have a spare 89 Jeep, blown engine, to steal from for now, I just don't know if anything more than the axle shaft was bent yet.

i have a dana 35 with trac loc that needs a new clutch pack and possibly a clutch gear with 3.73's for sale for $125. pics of the trac loc are a couple topics below yours

i have a dana 35 with trac loc that needs a new clutch pack and possibly a clutch gear with 3.73's for sale for $125. pics of the trac loc are a couple topics below yours

Thanks but I am looking for one more local, much closer, and it is just a 2WD Jeep.

i'll be in houston next weekend picking up and delivering parts incase that helps

It would if it was just stock (no trac lok) and in good working order, but I don't need the added grief, needed repairs, and future potential problems of the trac lock which we don't need. It would just add more work that I already don't have time for.

Another problem may be that I am expecting to be in Austin most of this week at a conference.

I have a complete 35 sitting in my garage in Fulshear that my parents would love to get rid of.

Looks like I may not need the 35 after all. Got the bent shaft pulled last night, and the axle housing looks OK after all.

If it turns out otherwise I will holler back.

are you sure you don't need a spare?

i still have a shaft :D

I am about to buy a new one, which will make it easier, as no old bearing to remove, no unknown potential conditions issues, $148 online.

What exactly do you have, condition, history, price, will you ship, or ?????

I am pretty sure this is a Dana 35, 1989, but I am heading back to verify that at my shop shortly as Autozone gave a wrong sized seal based on that data, so ????.

i have a 91 d35 er half of one, 65k miles jeep was wrecked one good shaft and backing plate one not good, stuff i kept for my spare when i was running a d35

30 bucks for both plus the ride

Are the good ones from the drivers side? I don't think the two sides are swapable.

On second thought, 4WD.com shows different part numbers for 89 versus 91, so the shafts are different somehow.

I'll have a spare rearend in a few days. Its a out of my '89. I'll sell you whatever you wan't off it or throw it on a pallet and send it whole. All brake parts, lines and cables included...

Ok, it's update time. Got the old shaft pulled. Looks like the axle housing is OK afterall. I have ordered a new shaft with the bearings and seals, from 4wd.com, and a new backing plate, obsolete inventory from a Jeep dealer in NH. One of only 3 backing plates left in the USA! (obsolete part now, China?), as this will save me lots of time (time that I am very short on these days).

If the repair fails, I should know in 10 days or so, or a few weeks, then I will go for the complete rear end swap, and so I will again be looking for one.

Everything I have is 87-89, so I would want to stick with that vintage. Seems there were changes in the D-35 as early as 1990, including the shafts.

iluv83vettes,

Do you know for sure the vintage, year, and condition of yours?

its from my 89 has new drums and shoes. its a 35. with 3.54 or 3.55 gears. the only thing it needs is the pinion yoke but you should be able to get the one off of yours to use it.

Back