• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leader Thread

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
In thinking about the administrative aspects of my job this week, I've decided to start this thread as the primary means of communication between me and the trail leaders. I think this will be easier than sending group text messages or even group PMs because I won't have to keep typing in screen names or looking through my address book. Plus, it'll make a record in one location that I can refer to as needed so that I won't have to rely on my memory alone or search through multiple messages to refresh my memory about . . . stuff.

First order of business: Please post up here when you arrive in Moab so I won't have to worry about whether you've made it. I've met SandySteve and Chuck619120. So I know you're here. I'd like to hear especially from chasb, Los Lobos, TORX, and bad luck today, please. I know bad luck lives locally, but I'd still appreciate you're checking in.

Second: I'll be at the registration area by cabin 51 this evening from 7 to 9. I'll have hard copies of the BLM event permits with me to distribute to any trail leaders who show up, as well as hard copies of the Trail Leaders Guides. Most importantly, I'll have wag bags and buckets for tomorrow's trail leaders to take with them.

Third: I'll somehow need to get the buckets and unused bags back at the end of each day and somehow see that they get into the hands of the next day's trail leaders. You can always deliver them to me at the scheduled group events, or drop them off at cabin 30. If neither of those options works, please call me to make another arrangement, such as a poop bucket train.

I don't yet have in my possession the spill kits for the trail, so more information will follow about that.

Finally, thank you all again for volunteering. This event could not possibly be a success without you!

I've chosen the trails that I'm going to run this week, starting with Hell's Revenge tomorrow. That means I'll be at staging area 1 in the morning (Susie's Branding Iron Restaurant) and can deliver documents and stuff to chasdb and bad luck when we meet up there, if we don't connect today. In fact, I can just hang onto the Hells Revenge poop bucket and spill kit during the run. (But if anyone uses the bucket, he or she will have to haul it the rest of the way. Or at least until someone else needs it and it gets handed off.)

Not a trail leader but posting up so that all of the trail leaders are aware that I am the BLM permit holder representative for the club. I need to know the number of vehicles that run each trail everyday so that NAXJA can file the proper post-use report with the Moab BLM after the event. If you have any issues with the BLM, feel free to give me a call at ???. I am staying at the Marriott Fairfield inn, not at the campground but will be around every night and some mornings if there are issues or concerns.

I'm planning on leaving SLC Wednesday and arriving in Moab sometime mid-day. I'll post up when I arrive. Staying at KOA in a cabin. Tow rig is the Lincoln Navigator with the silver "Jeep". (MJ isn't going to make it unfortunately)

(kind of wanted to do the MJ in the hot tub like my avatar and make a new one)

Not a trail leader but posting up so that all of the trail leaders are aware that I am the BLM permit holder representative for the club. I need to know the number of vehicles that run each trail everyday so that NAXJA can file the proper post-use report with the Moab BLM after the event. If you have any issues with the BLM, feel free to give me a call at 732 841 8026. I am staying at the Marriott Fairfield inn, not at the campground but will be around every night and some mornings if there are issues or concerns.

Very important bit of information. Thanks for posting!

I don't yet have in my possession the spill kits for the trail, so more information will follow about that.

Spill kits will be distributed to all participants at registration. So not an issue for Leaders. Sorry for my confusion.

I think it's a little late for me to check in since I saw you at the registration table. But I do check the forum from time to time. See you tomorrow.

If anyone feels the need to do Flat Iron Mesa on Friday I am more than willing to give it up since I’m running Tuesday as well. It is no problem for me to do twice.

Checking in. Leading Moab Rim in the AM.

Hey, Dustin. It was nice meeting you.

When I did your tech inspection, I didn't put two and two together and failed to realize you are leading a run tomorrow. I need to get a bucket and wag bag to you. Are you staying at the KOA?

I had a great run today on Hell's Revenge, with chasdb leading. Awesome views!

I'll be at the meet and greet this evening, so if you've got one of the poop buckets and wag bags from today's runs, please bring it with you. And if you''re going to be leading a run tomorrow, please remind me at the meet and great to give you a bucket, as well as a hard copy of the BLM permit if you don't already have one.

I’m in town now. At K9 cabin in KOA. Ran into Ken Bell all ready. Likely head up to Spanish Trail after I get my interior junk arranged

Had a really good run on Strike Ravine today led by Rock2pus! The scenery was amazing, and that's a word I rarely use anymore since it's so rediculously overused.

I'll be at the show 'n shine this afternoon and available there to collect and redistribute poop buckets. So if you've got one to hand off, please look for me. And if you're leading a trail tomorrow and don't have one, please be sure to pick one up. Thankfully, no one to my knowledge has had to use one, but the BLM requires it and we want to be in full compliance. Also, today's leaders, please remember to send you participation number to lobsterdmb. Thank you!

Did Fins 'n Things today following behind EricsXJ. Another great run with spectacular scenery.

If you are in possession of one of the poop buckets and are not leading a run tomorrow, please drop the bucket off at KOaa cabin 30, or post up here and let me know where I can pick it up. And if you're leading a run tomorrow and don't have a bucket, please let me know so that I can try to get one to you. Your cooperation is really appreciated!

Thanks Nimrod for all your hard work making this trail run schedule a success. A daunting task no doubt, but for what its worth, at least now you can't say it's a thankless job!

Back