• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Trail List

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
Here is the official trail list for the big event:

084150a224601dba38c3db57f93433da.jpg

1 Qualitative ratings (“Difficult,” “Moderate”) are from the Charles A. Wells Moab guide book. Numerical ratings are from the website of Red Rock 4 Wheelers.

Last edited:
So what is the general consensus for Pritchett? Last time I ran it I had a YJ on 1 tons and 40’s, now I’m back in an XJ on 35’s. Long arm front, 4.5” lift, 4.88’s, L/S rear 8.25, zip locker D30 trussed.

Trail conditions change all the time, but the last time I ran it, had no problems on 33s, similar short arm lift, Detroits front and rear. The guys with the taller lifts were getting tipsy on several of the obstacles.

If I were to volunteer to lead a specific trail, on a specific day, could it be added to the list?

Heck yes! Unless someone else has previously requested it. I'm working on assignments right now, so please post up or contact me off the board ASAP for the assignment of your choice. Thanks very much!

Al

Nimrod@NAXJA.org

562 6seven6 77zerotwo

Heck yes! Unless someone else has previously requested it. I'm working on assignments right now, so please post up or contact me off the board ASAP for the assignment of your choice. Thanks very much!

Al

Nimrod@NAXJA.org

562 6seven6 77zerotwo

I'd like to do a Golden Spike run on Wednesday and Hells Revenge on Friday

Trail conditions change all the time, but the last time I ran it, had no problems on 33s, similar short arm lift, Detroits front and rear. The guys with the taller lifts were getting tipsy on several of the obstacles.

Ok, cool. I really liked that trail and want to run it again. I'll probably still chance it then, especially if I get my cage done like I'm planning.

You'll get a better adrenaline rush without the cage :D

I love the trail, but hate the long bumpy drive out at the end. They should pave all that!

Man I'm gonna have to do some research on what I can or can't do. Granted I'm towing it down, but I don't want to bash and beat stuff up.

I did Pritchett canyon in the LJ on 33s, short arm lift, with a locker in the front and trash lock in the rear in 2013.

We had a great trail leader and it took some finesse...otherwise known as gas pedal...

mac ‘its my favorite trail’ gyvr

My guess is all the official trail runs will leave in the morning, I could be wrong though. Depending on what trails you do, there is definitely time for more than 1 trail a day. I know for sure I'll be looking to do some evening stuff and was hoping to do an easy night run as well

Is it possible to do two trails in a day?

Possible? yes but I recommend running one trail a day. These trails (the wheeling, and scenery) are epic. You don't want to rush through it just so you can say you ran it and scratch it off your list. Take your time and enjoy it. Even with just 5 trails over 5 days, you will be ready for a break after that.

The official runs will start each morning. The length of the runs will depend on how many rigs are in each run, how the rigs are set up, and the difficulty of the trail.

Most will take a good portion of the day. A few, such as Moab rim, might only take a couple of hours, but by the time you are done with the trail, you're ready for a beer (and maybe a change of your undies) and you'll be talking about how much fun you had the rest of the day.

I'm sure that there will be some pick up runs in the evenings, like rob mentioned.

There is the meet and greet planned on Tuesday evening, the show and shine on Wednesday and then of course the dinner and raffle on Friday evening.

mac 'its a good week' gyvr

You'll get a better adrenaline rush without the cage :D

I love the trail, but hate the long bumpy drive out at the end. They should pave all that!

It's much faster to just turn around and drive back down... :wave:

The official runs will start each morning. The length of the runs will depend on how many rigs are in each run, how the rigs are set up, and the difficulty of the trail.

Most will take a good portion of the day. A few, such as Moab rim, might only take a couple of hours, but by the time you are done with the trail, you're ready for a beer (and maybe a change of your undies) and you'll be talking about how much fun you had the rest of the day.

I'm sure that there will be some pick up runs in the evenings, like rob mentioned.

There is the meet and greet planned on Tuesday evening, the show and shine on Wednesday and then of course the dinner and raffle on Friday evening.

mac 'its a good week' gyvr

Mac, is there a time frame in the morning. I just want to know what I'm getting into. I live the second shift life.

Mac, is there a time frame in the morning. I just want to know what I'm getting into. I live the second shift life.

LOL, I work third shift, the time difference is nice for me tho...

In the past, and I assume there likely won't be much change, most trails stage at 9am Moab time. Unless it's a longer ride and then it might stage a little earlier.

mac 'start drinking earlier' gyvr

Back