• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare D30 shafts with unit bearings

I have a spare long and short side D30 shafts with torqued unit bearings on them. The bearings and u joints are in great shape.

$100 for the pair

Thick or thin hub flanges?

WF taught me to ask that.

This is for everyone else, not me.

Yes, you can use them regardless of the housing. Hat depth on the rotor is key. Also, there's a difference in hub pilot diameter. So there's a couple things to think about when swapping hubs.

Guess i always figured a dana 30 was a dana 30 and all the shafts could be interchanged. So what exactly wont work in a lp dana 30?

Shafts can be used on any D30. As far as the hubs go, I'm at a loss or exactly what years/models have the differences.

Anyone else?

you can use the stuff in any year d30 that is the 5 on 4.5

you just have to match the hub with the correct hat depth on the rotor.

the actual year that things were changes seems...cloudy like a lot of jeep stuff.

so as long as you use the same rotors that would've been on those shafts, you can use those hubs.

mac 'your current rotors may not work' gyvr

unit bearing splits are:
89-90, 90.0-90.5, or 90-91 depending on who you ask (I don't know, I just don't buy anything from RENIX era stuff to avoid it)
99.0-99.5

You can identify them visually. RENIX era hubs have the second seal on the back that sits proud of the back surface of the bearing where the shaft sits on it, with the seal riding on that little dust slinger on the stub shaft. 90s hubs don't have that, but have a short "ring" around the axle nut. 99.5 and later hubs don't have it either, but have a tall "ring" around the axle nut. As far as I know, you have to use RENIX bearings with RENIX knuckles. Any HO era knuckle will fit any HO era bearing, for those you just have to keep the right rotor matched with the same year range hub as previously noted.

Shafts, as noted, fit anything. Small vs large ujoint, single forging vs separate forged yoke splined onto shaft, and vac disconnect vs non disconnect notwithstanding.

I'm going to be heading to Columbus Indiana from Chicago the morning of July 3rd then heading to the crawl if anyone wants these along the way.

Back