• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98' 5.9L ZJ 6" long arm lift,hp30/8.8 4.88s locked,117k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3264629818.html

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee rare 5.9L with 6" long arm lift, 33" all terrain tires and nice HP30 front axle from a Jeep Cherokee and 8.8 rear axle with disc brakes from a Ford Explorer. Both axles have 4.88 gears and Aussie lockers.

Front dana HP30 axle has a ARB aftermarket diff cover, newly installed 4.88 gears and Aussie locker and full truss with non disco and strong dana 44 sized u-joints in the axle shafts.

Rear axle is a 2000 Ford Explorer axle with 4.88 gears, Aussie locker, strong Ruff Stuff aftermarket brackety to work with the stock Grand Cherokee suspension setup.

The rear suspension has adjustable short arms and the front has Clayton long arms and adj upper control arms.

New all aluminum radiator and Flowkooler high flow aftermarket water pump.

6" Clayton Long Arm kit which is very strong and beefy.

New Iron Offroad rear lower adjustable control arms. Bilstein shocks all around.

Only 117K miles with all the options including leather, tow package, heated seats, sun roof, etc.

Jeep is very fast with the 4.88 gears and locker and powerful 5.9L motor.

Aftermarket and strong front steel bumper with hoop

$6500 OBO

Located in Roscoe, IL 61073 about 80 miles NW of Chicago right off I-90 highway.

Thanks guys, I know the 3 of us (Big Dodge and Polar) are/were niner owners and they are an amazing Jeep! One of the best produced by Jeep that is now a shadow of its former self. :bawl:

Last edited:
It would take a heck of a trade for me to do it for my ZJ!

Really just looking for $ as I have 5 Jeeps and would like to get down to 2. :laugh:

Thanks!

It's just a mall crawled xj. Not much of a "heck of a trade". It'd be cash on the side added of course. That's a nice jeep you have for sale.

The more cash the better! :yelclap:

I have 5 Jeeps and just bought my parents 2001 Ford Expedition truck so I need to cash some of these vehicles out. :looney:

No it has a 120k 231 t-case from a 98' XJ conversion to replace the stock quadratrac 249 AWD.
Good swap and saves some MPG.

Still looking at this. 3k or so plus my lifted white 97 if we can swap wheels and tires. I have a thing for stock wheels :)

I borrowed a 01' 2500 for a few weeks last summer and got like 12 mpg highway even. Lol I don't want to sell this zj but have 4 jeeps so looking to thin the herd a bit.

We had some of the same things for sale at the same time a few months back Polar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back