• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ buggy project, 44/9, leaf conversion, lotta parts

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
Decided to sell my XJ project. Have no time to finish it and just really want it to go to someone who will finish it.

Its a 96 4dr Cherokee, unibody has been plated front to rear with HD Offroad Engineering frame plates. Ruffstuff front bracketry for the leaf conversion. BDS 2 1/2" YJ springs that are brand new, military wrapped. Front axle is a HD dana 44 housing from a 78 F250, knuckles out are all 1/2 ton 5 lug stuff. NEW: Ball joints, spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, Spicer joints in box, 2 pair front shafts. Carrier is included but ring gear is trashed. Comes with Stage 8 X-Locks also. Tie rod is 1 1/2 x.250 wall DOM with 3/4x3/4 Ruffstuff rod ends. Will include steel/rod ends for drag link. Ruffstuff 3/8" diff cover.

Ford 9" rearend, 31 spline shafts, no brakes, but comes with disc brake brackets, extras include a steel spool, Ruffstuff pinion guard, Ruffstuff 2+ perches, good 3rd memeber with 3.55 gears

Stock XJ leaf spring pack thats been flipped around to stretch wheelbase 5". Has HD offroad engineering shackle relocation bracket kit welded in.

Now this was turning into a buggy project, doors are gone, boatsided rockers have been started (2x4 3/16 wall tube in place), hood is cut and narrowed, no front facia, no fenders, windshield is gone, backhalf is cut off. Unibody rails are still there and Jeep does roll around. Plan was to link the rear and tube it out. No dash, 4.0 motor and AW4 trans are still in it. Havent had running in a while but ran strong when I parked it. No transfer case. Would be a cool buggy, I just don't have the time or means to finish it anymore. Need a mild wheeler. Keep in mind this is a PROJECT, bring a trailer. I can also include a couple 20' sticks of 1 3/4 .120 wall HREW tube to start the tube work. I would gladly trade for a stock running XJ. ASking $1800 or trade?

161gqdl.jpg

Iroks and MRWs are not included.

Back