• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 parts XJ. Craigslist find

Most scrap yards don't run vins on chopped up parts I don't think. If you do buy it make sure you get a bill of sale that states it is being sold for parts without a title. I kept my BoS just in case anyone came looking for my last part out considering it was an abandoned vehicle without an engine. Don't know whatever happened to the green 93 I bought, learned the hard way never to leave a vehicle on someone eldest property, especially the sellers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

not the scrap yard you have to worry about its when the guy stop making his payments and the bank wants to reposses it and they come looking for it. also the fact that if it was me i wouldnt do it because I have morals.

I'm finding this hard to believe. NO bank will give you a loan based on using a vehicle as collateral when it already belongs to another bank. Not a bank in hell would do that.

I emailed the owner through Craigslist about his XJ. Below is his reply:

I own it outright. No Liens
On Oct 17, 2011 5:58 PM, "Eric Stroup" <[email protected]> wrote:
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

I was interested in your XJ, but I'm hearing from other people that have looked at it that there are still leins on the jeep. I'm hoping they are just lying to me just to keep me from buying. Is it true? and if it is how much do you owe on it?

Thanks,

Eric

Hmmm...interesting. Guess if he has the title then we will know for sure. Well my window of oppurtunity to snatch it up (transportation and time) has closed. If anyone is interested in picking it up, let me know, I'd be glad to put some cash towards it for parts. I really want the cup holder console, e brake handle mount, maybe the brush guard.

-Eric

lemme see what i can work out, if i buy it i would probably end up trashing my '89 and making a a tube rear for it.

Yeah probably, was thinking of just lopping off the top behind the windshield and the floor behind the drivers seat and putting tubes all the way back. Don't know if I will get it though I haven't been in contact yet and am still trying to come up with cash in hand. Wonder if he would take silver in trade.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Interesting thought. I know he wants it gone pretty bad. I asked him to send me more pics. especially of the driver's front corner. I wonder if the driver's fender is totalled too?

Well, if anyone buys this cherokee, and is parting it out, I'd like the center console if its grey and has cup holders. Really wish I had the cash to get the whole thing, but just put my deposit down on the honeymoon.

-Eric

i am going to have to pass, i am apparently only allowed one jeep at a time (2 vehicles total) until the farm is completely done and clean from the tornado damage and the new house is built. Still holding out hope for an old willys to work on that i can hide at a relatives house.

Back