• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 XJ, waggy 44's, 35's, Chopped.

Reichy

NAXJA Forum User
Im wanting to build/buy a buggy and cant have 2 toys. My friends and I set off to build a one off XJ that not too many people have done before. We did so by building this
untitled-12.jpg

It setting on 30 spline LP dana 44s out of a 88 waggy. I have everhting to get them regeard to 5.38s but a set of gears for the front. I have a full spool for the rear and a posi lock for the front and new yukon intall kits.
The tires are 35'' BFG AT's with lots of tread 80+% but have some weather cracking.
For the chop we cut right along the window line and seeled the back up with a hatch of a 97 Cherokee. The rear glass got broken out and has been replced with plexi glass.
The jeep has.
4.0 HO that runs good the rear main is leaking a little, but thats an easy fix.
The auto tranny shifts great.
It has a NP231 T-case with a SYE kit that has no more then 80 miles on it after it was put in.
The doors are easly removable with moded hinges.
K&N intake with Rustys offroad tube.
TNT frame stiffners and some tubing was added to give it some extra strength.
The suspension is leefed in the back with 2 XJ packs smooshed together and a one inch shackle. The back also has a shackle relocation box built by a good friend of mine.
The front is a long arm/radius arm set up with RE 5.5 coils.
The bumpers where built by me and are very heavy dutty. The front has a 3/8'' plate for a winch mount. (Yeah i know thats over kill).
The tail lights have been removed and LED's have been flush mounted in the back, they are super bright.
Extra parts.
Set of doors that have been cut up and welding for half doors. Need a little more work to be competed.
I have a rear bumper that i built but didnt turn out like I wanted so it will go with the jeep.
Spare axles shafts for the front.
spare drive shafts.
Aftermarket seats
And much more.
This link is to comments and pics about it.
http://www.trailkrawlers4x4.org/tkbbs/viewtopic.php?t=6464
Once agian this is a one off XJ. This was not built by a man dressed in brown dropping boxes off at my door. Its all custom steel work.
There is no way I will get my money and time out it that I have put in it.
I would like to get $5000 out of it and its located in Salina KS. Call me at 785 577 4697. Thanks, Josh.

I read through the build just a minute ago... very nice.

Thanks guys. The last couple weeks I have been throwing around the idea of a buggy and decided to see if I get any bites on this. If not I will keep it get it axles built and Rhino Line it.

So, this is how it ends..... Just kidding I can somehow vouch for the validity of this jeep. I might have laid under it for a while myself.

This is a very cool ride, and to tell you the truth, a good weekends tinkering wtih this thing, i would not be afraid to drive it, wheel it hard, and drive it home.

Good luck with the sale, and maybe we can play with a buggy next time.

This isnt going to be one that keeps getting a $500 drop every 2 days. The price stays cause I will continue modding and have lots I want to do.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Back