• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95/96 XJ Heater/AC Fan Control Harness Connector ???

KD3NE_

NAXJA Forum User
Been through every XJ in every junk yard and all I am finding are BURNT connectors on the wiring harness to the HVAC Fan Control Switch.

All of the problems are right on the back of the connector, unless there has been a fire I have not seen one where the wiring 1" behind the connector has been affected.

I have new switches and new fans coming for both XJ's as I want to replace everything to minimize the FIRE HAZARD I see present in almost all older XJ's.

Does anyone know where I can get the 5 pin connector that plugs onto the back of the HVAC switch? It's not a normal configuration connector from what I can tell???

Maybe Jeep sells a 'pigtail' with the connector and maybe 8-12" wire attached?

My only other option is to remove the connector and install individual connectors on each wire. Though this is doable, it would be a pain in the backside.

Yeah I am beginning to think along those lines.

Pulled out one of the new ( rotary ) controllers from a late model and to me it looks like that is what Jeep did. I base this on the fact that the individual contacts on the newer ones are much smaller, thus carry less current.

I realize the problem with it as is, is in the switch itself. The rivets that hold the contacts to the back of the switch work themselves loose over time causing poor contact and current going through them generates heat. Enough heat to MELT the plastic connector on the wiring harness.

Thanks for the relay link.

Back