• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear ABS Lines

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching but found nothing of use. I put on Rusty's 3in on my 96 XJ. I am extreamly confused as to what to do with the brake lines. There are 3 lines that go from the body to the rearend. One is the actual break line(with fluid) and the other two go to each drum. All info I find says chuck Rusty's el' cheap-o extention and use YJ lines which, I am willing to do that BUT what do I do with the two other ABS power lines. They are streched out alot while flexing. I prefer not to do away with the ABS. Any help is appericiated. TIA

Haleyes said:
I tried searching but found nothing of use. I put on Rusty's 3in on my 96 XJ. I am extreamly confused as to what to do with the brake lines. There are 3 lines that go from the body to the rearend. One is the actual break line(with fluid) and the other two go to each drum. All info I find says chuck Rusty's el' cheap-o extention and use YJ lines which, I am willing to do that BUT what do I do with the two other ABS power lines. They are streched out alot while flexing. I prefer not to do away with the ABS. Any help is appericiated. TIA

IIRC you can move the mount for these lines down a little bit and free up some movement - not sure on that though.

On my 92 a 3.5" of lift in the back i have no trouble with the ABS lines and stock brake line...

Haleyes said:

The lines that go to the drums are your parking brake lines. You should be able to move the mount if you need to however, I have ~5" of lift and can't get them anywhere near maxed out.

Back