• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Off-Road 6.5" Long Arm Kit for '84-'01 XJ's

XJ4playin

NAXJA Forum User
I'm parting out my XJ and just pulled the lift out yesterday. It's a Rusty's Off-Road 6.5" Long Arm Kit for '84-01 XJ's. The kit rides and flexes great, I've had NO issues with this lift.

The kit I have includes:
• 6.5" front coil springs
• rear 4.5" spring packs
• 2" extended greasable rear shackle
• front & rear shocks
• hd trac bar
• front & rear stainless steel braided brake lines
• 4 - Grade 8 U-Bolts
• 1 pair of 6 degree shims
• hd cross member
• adjustable long arm
• adjustable radius arm
• frame reinforcement (inner & outer)
• u-bolts
• extended front and rear bump stops

I went with 4.5" rear leafs and 2" extended shackles vs. the 6.5" rear leafs to get better flex. I've heard the 6.5" rear springs are very stiff and don't flex the best. The kit has been in my XJ for a little over 2 years and has only been on the trail a dozen times. Other than that my XJ sat in my garage, so the lift has never seen snow or salt. It does have nicks and scratches on the lower long arms from trail use, but other than that the arms are straight and NO dents or bends. My XJ sat fairly level with a winch bumper and winch in the front, I experienced no sagging of the springs.

The only thing the kit doesn't include are sway bar disconnects and the rear shocks are a bit dented but still move smoothly. I paid $1,600 when I bought the lift new and am looking to get $1,100 for everything. If you have any questions let me know, [email protected]

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...uct_Code=RK-605LT-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

Last edited:
again, if you can't sell whole, how much for just the shocks, and what is the extended/compressed lengths? i've got the same setup but with clayton, so i'm assuming it would be close??
also interested in the shackles, and coils
thanks

Last edited:
At this point I'm still hoping to sell the kit complete. If have it listed on multiple other sites and have a number of people who have expressed interest, but we'll see what pans out. If something changes I'll repost the kit with prices per part.

Unless one of you is interested in buying the whole kit, keeping what you want and selling the rest.....just an idea...

Back